Childminder required

(3 Posts)
traudf01 Wed 15-Jul-15 23:46:00

Can anyone please recommend any childminders/nurseries in the Bournville / Cotteridge areas? Looking for March 2016. TIA

MNBirminghamLocalEd Thu 16-Jul-15 10:14:30

I've already replied to your Facebook post but I'll repeat here for anyone else who's interested.

Hopscotch (St Francis Centre) is lovely, relaxed and happy, with 4 long-term, very experienced and sensible nursery staff.

Selly Oak Nursery is excellent but has a full-on curriculum which won't suit every child.

Little Pixies (Beaumont Road) is popular and well thought-of.

These are all termtime only though. Foundations (Elim Church, Tiverton Road, Selly Oak) is full time, and a happy place. The Oaks is good (although I thought the staff very young when I looked around).

There are good childminders around but they are usually booked up well in advance.

March 2016 is a distance away yet, so keep asking parents in playgroups/ playgrounds - people are usually more than happy to share their experiences. And you can always phone up and get an appointment to look around - your gut feeling is usually pretty dependable. Hope that helps smile

I realise this is all a bit Bournville-centric. Anyone have any info on Cotteridge nurseries?

PrincessPurple Thu 16-Jul-15 11:06:07

There's a nursery on Northfield Rd but we didn't like it when we looked around. That's four years ago so worth another look.

I hear good things about First Steps Rathkelly (sp?) on the Bunbury Rd.

We use The Oaks in Selly Oak which is excellent. I disagree that the staff seem young - it's a really good mix I think including a couple of men who are wonderful. Many of them are degree qualified in Early Years and they employ a teacher to oversee the curriculum.

I don't know the xhildminder scene t all as everyone I know uses one of the nurseries that have already been mentioned.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now