Birmingham Children's Hospital

(5 Posts)
pregogirl Fri 26-Jun-15 15:54:58

Hello there

Further to my previous thread, I wanted to ask of peoples experience of the diabetes Care at Birmingham Children's Hospital. My son is 5 and was diagnosed Type 1 last year and is on an insulin pump. We are considering a move up to Birmingham and are interested in people's experiences.

I will post on the diabetes topic in the main site as well.

Thanks in advance.

MNBirminghamLocalEd Mon 29-Jun-15 11:01:52

Hello pregogirl, I've tweeted for you, and am sure someone with experience of diabetes treatment at BCH will come along soon.

MNBirminghamLocalEd Mon 29-Jun-15 12:26:51

BCH have contacted us to say you can ask any specific questions you might have by phoning their PALS team on 0121 333 8403.

Hope that helps a bit for now - Editor.

pregogirl Mon 29-Jun-15 19:30:06

Hello MN Birminghamlocal ED - that was very kind of you! Thank you so much. I'll give them a ring and talk through specifics. I've also spoken to some other contacts and it seems the Children's hospital has got a fantastic reputation so that is one side of things about considering the move I feel reassured about!

citruslemon Fri 14-Aug-15 14:29:24

Hi pregogirl I was wondering how you and DS got on at BCH? My brother works there and I can assure you it's a fantastic place and your DS will be well looked after.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now