**CLOSED** *COMPETITION! Win a meal for 2 at the Mailbox's new Cafe Rouge*

(10 Posts)
MNBirminghamLocalEd Mon 15-Jun-15 14:17:12

TO BIRMINGHAM AVEC L'AMOUR

One lucky Mumsnetter can win a meal out for two with wine at the restyled Café Rouge at the Mailbox.

The bistro is celebrating the building's status as a former Royal Mail Sorting Office with, literally, a stamp of French romance, by using the theme of French postcards and love letters as the inspiration for the new design.

Think red vintage postboxes, and wall murals created from love letters both French and English... All this, combined with the restaurant's stunning location and large (92 cover) sun terrace overlooking the canal, make Café Rouge at the Mailbox the perfect gastro-spot for romance, catching up or just seeing and being seen!

The sensational new-look restaurant will be open from breakfast at 10am (think Eggs Benedict, Warm Baked Chouquettes and Truffled Mushrooms on Toast!) through lunches (including Menu Rapide) to dinner or just after work drinks (perhaps over a 'plateau a partager'). Or try something different: the new menu even includes a rather special appearance from one of France's most famous culinary exports – the snail - with Ragout D'Escargots.

Café Rouge's signature brand of relaxed, authentic French dining coupled with down-to-earth, friendly service make Birmingham's local bistro the perfect place for business breakfasts, family lunches, celebration dinners and everything in between. Private hire is also now available (with no hire charge!).

To be in with a chance of winning, simply write (on the thread below) who you would most like to go out for a meal for two with.

The competition closes on Monday 6 July 2015 (midday). The winner will chosen at random and notified shortly thereafter. The prize cannot be transferred, redeemed for any other prize. Mumsnet Terms and Conditions apply.

Please note you do need to be a registered Mumsnetter to enter. If you're not already one, why not join us here? It's quick and very simple.

www.caferouge.com/french-restaurant/Birmingham-Mailbox

summerpuddingandclottedcream Mon 15-Jun-15 14:26:23

George Clooney

I'd like to take my eldest son out to celebrate a really successful year at school with a "proper" French meal out. He's also been asking about why French eat snails, so this could his chance.

v82chris Mon 15-Jun-15 18:14:15

My Mum, it's been a while since we've been out for lunch. It's always a great way to have a catch up, we really could talk for hours sometimes x

TiredAsANewt Mon 15-Jun-15 18:37:44

My husband - it's been ages since we made it out for a romantic meal à deux. If he's not available - Johnny Hallyday, naturellement! (pre the drastic surgery).

bournvillemama01 Tue 16-Jun-15 17:02:29

I'd love to take my best friend, my hubby out for a meal as it's his birthday at the beginning of July and we've struggled to find grown up time, just the two of us since baby no.3 came along! Plus we went to Café Rouge in Birmingham on one of our first dates 15 years ago! Happy memories!

BillyBollyBrum Tue 16-Jun-15 20:45:55

My mum - she has had a rubbish year and Cafe Rouge is one of the very few places to likes to eat out in!

Ro79 Wed 17-Jun-15 18:30:18

Hmm, this is a tricky one. I'd better say my partner though - not sure we've managed a full conversation since we had our third child four months ago. So the opportunity for that might be nice...

Lucy79 Thu 02-Jul-15 20:54:22

My husband - Would be especially nice as it's his birthday this week :-)

Caketester Mon 06-Jul-15 10:21:51

My husband - we love visiting Birmingham for shopping and this would make a lovely change of venue for something to eat.

MNBirminghamLocalEd Mon 06-Jul-15 12:13:18

Congratulations v82chris!

You have been drawn as our winner. I'll contact you about how to claim your prize.

Thanks to everyone for entering. We are launching our new competition to win tickets at The Rep's First Stages productions later today.

Sala

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now