Wheelie bins are coming to Birmingham...

(7 Posts)
MNBirminghamLocalEd Mon 09-Feb-15 10:34:20

Has anyone had them yet?

They've been introduced in Hall Green/Aston/Yardley/Hodge Hill districts, and the rest of Birmingham is going to get theirs this year:

www.birmingham.gov.uk/refuse-collection

hmm...where do people keep theirs? Don't they get in the way?

TwoAndTwoEqualsChaos Tue 17-Feb-15 23:55:57

We were a trial ward ...

TwoAndTwoEqualsChaos Tue 17-Feb-15 23:56:44

Actually, a "pilot" ward, as they were definitely going to happen, we were just test-driving the roll-out.

MNBirminghamLocalEd Wed 18-Feb-15 22:12:18

How did the test-drive go?!

TwoAndTwoEqualsChaos Fri 12-Jun-15 00:46:13

It is indisputable that they are ugly and that most people, not least owing to the sort of houses common in Birmingham, keep them in their front garden, which is not a great look but, compared to the black bin bags one had to lug to the front every week which were then ripped open by either vermin or scavengers, I much prefer them. One quibble is that the insert in the recycling bin is far too small: in fact, it might be better to swap the paper bit for the glass/tin/plastic bit in terms of the amount of space we need.

I noted the date of this thread, no one has contacted us from the Council for our views, so I am not sure what the value of the pilot was ...

KingsHeathen Mon 29-Jun-15 11:12:38

Maybe the pilot was just to get the more 'vocal' wards switched over first? wink

Tazmin68 Sun 05-Jul-15 09:00:21

Yes the paper box is way too small still need a trip to paperback in the missing week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now