single parent only child - HELP!!! :-)

(4 Posts)
kikisampala Mon 03-Feb-14 12:20:46

I am mother to a seven year old, energetic boy who loves being active. I do not have any other kids, much to my sons dismay as I know he desperately would love a like minded boy\girl to have fun with.

Are there any other only children out there? We live in the great barr\kingstanding area and would love a play date with someone in a similar situation.

MNBirminghamLocalEd Mon 03-Feb-14 20:30:43

I know what it's like to have a high-energy seven year old! (relentless!)

I'm sure someone in the same situation will be along in a bit, but meanwhile, do look at clubs like Beavers or Multisports, which were big hits with mine.

I understand that you mean, though - ideally he'd like some mates outside school/structured sessions.

kikisampala Tue 04-Feb-14 10:45:12

thanks for that mnbirminghamlocaled we do a lot of activities but the weekends are a bit of struggle. I'm trying my best. I guess thats all i can do :-) i just want him to be happy i worry about it everyday!

MNBirminghamLocalEd Tue 04-Feb-14 12:39:33

Oh poor you! Don't worry too much! I feel guilty for giving my PFB two siblings to compete with - is impossible to get it right, huh!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now