nannyshare

(5 Posts)
mamaolanna Sat 01-Feb-14 01:34:08

Hello, I am a paediatrician and first time mum currently living in London. I am moving to birmingham for work purposes and need some childcare assistance. Ideally I would be interested in a good nanny share option.

My daughter is currently 4 months old but will 11 months when I go back to work full time in September 2014.

I am keen hear from potential nanny care options. I will be moving to the Edgbaston/Harborn area.

courgetteDOTcom Mon 03-Feb-14 01:37:57

Hi mammaolanna, I can't help with the nanny share but wanted to say hi! Sounds like you're moving near me so if you need anything let me know. It's also quite close to where we tend to have meets so you're welcome to join us.

nkemo Thu 20-Feb-14 23:26:00

Hi courgetteDOTcom! my email got hacked so had to reregister (long boring story) so I am now nkemo (mamaOlanna in disguise!). Thanks for introducing yourself and sorry for the delay in response.. I only just picked this up. I would really love to chat to you about the area etc. If I can't find a good nannyshare option I was considering a childminder. Do you know any good ones that you could recommend? Thanks again!

MNBirminghamLocalEd Sun 23-Feb-14 20:52:42

Hello nkemo, and welcome!

Ask Birmingham City Council for their list of registered childminders/ nannies as a starting point, so at least you have names and contact details (it's just a case of filling a form in here: http://www.birmingham.gov.uk/childcare).

I'm in Bournville (not at all far from the QE) but will keep eyes/ears open for any recommendations. Meanwhile if there's anything else you want to know about the area, give us a shout.

nkemo Thu 06-Mar-14 23:06:27

Thanks so much for the very useful advice. Will get onto it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now