Entertaining a crawling baby in central Birmingham

(4 Posts)
smurfmother Fri 08-Jul-11 10:55:50

We recently moved to Harborne, and my husband and I are taking it in turns to look after DC2 who's 9 months old. Does anyone know anywhere to take a crawling baby in central Birmingham, apart from the library? It's nice to go into town but she doesn't want to sit in the buggy for hours at a time and we're a bit fed up of always going to the library. Are there any parks/playgrounds in the centre, or anywhere else with crawl space?

Dontbugmemalone Fri 08-Jul-11 12:32:10

Hi, try this website for ideas:

http://www.whatson4littleones.co.uk/search_results.asp

Cannon hill park and Lightwoods park are big parks. There are more but I don't remember the names.
As for the centre, there aren't many things to do for babies other than the library. They do have mother and baby groups though.
Perhaps a surestart centre?

smurfmother Fri 08-Jul-11 14:22:32

Good ideas, thanks!

Morebounceperounce Sat 09-Jul-11 11:30:30

Welcome to Harborne! I hope you're enjoying the twin delights of Home Bargains and more coffee shops than you can shake a stick at!

St Paul's Square in the Jewellery Quarter has some nice outdoor space for crawlers in good weather. Not in town I know but there's lots of playgroups etc round Harborne, St Johns up the top of the High Street on Mon, Tues and Weds for example and there's nice parks on Harborne Park Road and Court Oak Road. Warley Woods is within walking distance and has a nice cafe with a room that they'll open up for littlies to roll around in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now