moving to birmingham in september

(31 Posts)
Becktoria Sun 08-May-11 09:05:54

Hello! I'm moving to (somewhere) in Birmingham in september with my DH and my 19 month old daughter. My DH will be at the University.
I'm from Bristol originally and don't really know birmingham. where's good to move to for kids? Was thinking south birmingham... Kings Heath...? but I really have no idea! I'd love some tips of places to check out/avoid.
Looking forward to meeting some of you when we get settled. smile

costumequeen Sun 19-Jun-11 20:33:52

Hey! I tutor at the Uni and live in Kings Heath - renting at the moment but just bought in Stirchley (Slightly priced out of buying in KH) Looks like you've got loads of advice already, but feel free to drop me a message if I can help!

bitsyandbetty Fri 08-Jul-11 23:40:09

I live in Wythall and the buses are not great but easy cycle ride to the uni. I cycle in to Edgbaston and it takes about 45 mins, I am slow. The schools are good with Shirley on the doorstep with access to great schools in Solihull.

Spacehoppa Tue 12-Jul-11 13:43:40

We live in Northfield which is ok and really cheap if you are on a budget. My husband is from Weston Super Mare so where you from in Bristol ( he knows it well)?

Becktoria Sat 16-Jul-11 06:26:01

thanks everyone! After 1 and a half days of a whirlwind in birmingham and 8 houses to see we chose one in kings heath.
I preferred the vibe in kings heath and could see myself there, it felt the closest to where we live now.
Really looking forward to settling there and meeting some of you perhaps smile

PfftTheMagicDragonhideGloves Sun 17-Jul-11 06:49:19

Good luck, Beck smile

CharlotteMcAvoy Sun 12-Feb-12 14:05:12

I honestly cant think of anywhere i would rather live than Harborne i lived there for a year its such a lovely village X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now