Birmingham mums for coffee and playgroups.

(10 Posts)
ayucot23 Tue 13-Jul-10 20:40:47

Hi everybody!I started this topic again hoping to find some new mum friends,as I don t really have any.We ve just moved last year to Birmingham,soon I delivered,and since then I spent most of my time looking after my daughter.Now she is 10 months old and we are looking for playgroups close to us, but didn t have any success so far.Could you suggest any?We are living very close to Broad Street.
Thanks so much for any help

sophiexxx Wed 25-Aug-10 09:18:50

hi there, didnt anyone get back to you? I would like to know about any groups. I go to baby sensory class in harbourne on friday and tinytalk in halesowen. I will start back at st johns church in harbourne once the term starts. I would love to know about any gd playgroups. My baby is 7mths and we live very close to hagley road in bearwood...so not far from you. Best wishes, sophie x

JQAF Fri 27-Aug-10 20:56:35

Hi! There is a good music based class in Harbone, organised by Rhythmtime. I've been attending their sessions since my boy was 7 weeks old. He absolutely loves it. The downside is that you will have to drive unless you enjoy the walk. The Central Library has a music based sessions of its own on Wednesdays at 11am called Shake, Rattle and Rhyme. Hope this helps.

sophiexxx Sun 29-Aug-10 09:11:28

Thanks JQAF...Im going to try them both!!!

JQAF Thu 02-Sep-10 09:38:39

You're welcome. Hope you like them. Btw, the Bath Row Medical Centre holds a new parents group meeting on Thursdays at 10am to 12 every week. They are aware of how difficult it is for mothers to keep to time so they are flexible as to what time you turn up and leave. I'm constantly on the look out for interesting playgroups myself to keep my inquisitive son entertained for at least a couple of hours a day. So I'll keep you posted if I find any more.

stickyj Thu 02-Sep-10 09:46:49

Hi

Try Music with Mummy, there's classes in Harborne and other areas too. I can recommend it as I run them too!!grin

vanimal Wed 05-Jan-11 20:47:51

Hiya,

Did you find any groups to go to with your baby? I am v close to Broad St too - good ones are at St Thomas Children's Centre (walking distance from Broad St), and Ladywood SureStart, on the Plough and Harrow Road.

They are both very good, St T's do a playgroup everyday 12-3, and Surestart has things on every day.

Let us know how you are getting on.

hughes01 Thu 17-Feb-11 09:48:32

Hello,
Myself and my daughter are moving to Bearwood in a month or two and would really appreciate any advise you may have. I am looking for a nursery that takes the 15 hours free and would like her to be settled asap. I would also like to know about groups we can join together.
Many thanks

squishinglittlefatcheeks Sun 21-Jun-15 08:42:44

Hello, I'm moving to edgbaston in a couple of months. Would really like to meet some other mums and also get any info on good toddler groups please

MNBirminghamLocalEd Mon 22-Jun-15 14:11:54

Hello and welcome squishinglittlefatcheeks!

Have a look at our listings - there are a few in Edgbaston and nearby:
local.mumsnet.com/birmingham-sutton-coldfield/baby-toddler-groups

I used to go to this one and have put up a review:
local.mumsnet.com/birmingham-sutton-coldfield/baby-toddler-groups/466215-christ-church-baby-and-toddler-playgroup

Has anyone else got any recommendations? Feel free to add a review by logging on and clicking on "Add Review". If your favourite group isn't on here, tell other parents about it by clicking on "Add Listing".

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now