Large hall hunt for wedding reception local, help!

(11 Posts)
clarebear1 Mon 19-Oct-09 22:14:29

Im looking for a large hall suitable for a wedding reception to hold 200 people.
Does anyone know of any? Ive seen a few but not right,needs to let us do own food too and be preferably ok price ;-)

Kbear Mon 19-Oct-09 22:48:12

have you looked at Goals in Dartford or Bexleyheath - Bexleyheath one was advertising free venue hire the other week. You can def do your own food.

Kbear Mon 19-Oct-09 22:50:54

or Belvedere Football Club on Woolwich Road, they have big hall (separate from the club bar). thinking.... some schools hire their halls, we hired St. Augustine's School Hall in Belvedere once. Church halls tend to turf you out by 11 which is a bit of a drag but St. Paul's in Erith has a large hall and so does Christ Church in Erith. still thinking....

Kbear Mon 19-Oct-09 22:51:37

any particular area of Bexley?

clarebear1 Tue 20-Oct-09 10:41:21

its for my mate, shes prob getting married in church by the fish roundabout. Open to where the halls are,weve looked at Powdermill lane in dartford, falconwood comm centre,one in sidcup but not right.
Ooh ill investigate them thanks Kbear

Kbear Tue 20-Oct-09 20:45:55

the church by the fish roundabout is Christ Church

other thoughts are The Lord Kitchener pub in Welling which has a large function room on the side.....still thinking

MaureenMLove Tue 20-Oct-09 20:58:26

IS this the Don't Tell the Bride, bride?? <<evening Kbear, my sweet>>

clarebear1 Wed 21-Oct-09 18:02:59

Kbear that hall shut down to make way for the carvery. That wouldve been ideal otherwise i remember that!
Yes this is dont tell the bride bride but the weddings not for me yet its for a mate

clarebear1 Sat 31-Oct-09 14:36:04

Found a great hall for her its on the way to Northumberland heath called Angelus Centre, gutted a bit though coz shes got my hall now :-(

MaureenMLove Sat 31-Oct-09 15:08:12

Oh, nice place. It looks really pretty in the evening, when it gets dark too. It's all flood lit with blue or green lights iirc.

Great find!

Kbear Sun 01-Nov-09 19:14:46

can't believe I didn't think it that! It's practically at the end of my road!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now