Kids activities in Eton/Windsor

(5 Posts)
Bdamummy2 Mon 26-Jun-17 00:14:41

Hi there, i will be coming to visit Eton/Windsor regularly as my parents have just moved there- looking for local playground recommendations and toddler friendly activities in the area please. DD is 2 and I'm 6m pregnant. Thanks!

Grumpyoldblonde Mon 26-Jun-17 21:42:30

Bachelors acre is great I'm the summer as there is a play park, grassed picnic areas and fountains to play in plus a tea/ice cream hut.

There's Alexander gardens too which has a mini funfair, crazy golf and again is a nice picnic spot.

There are plenty of parks and playgrounds tbh and open spaces by the river. Under 5s go free on the open top bus which is fun and you can hopefully on and off that. Plus boat trips up the Thames again free for littlies.

Plenty to do smile

Grumpyoldblonde Mon 26-Jun-17 21:43:20

Hop on not hopefully!

user1498164268 Tue 27-Jun-17 14:49:59

Thanks so much that's really helpful, looking forward to visiting! smile

Grumpyoldblonde Tue 27-Jun-17 21:15:58

Great! There is of course the castle too, during the week you can watch the changing of the guard around 11am which is quite spectacular especially to young eyes and I should mention there are so many family friendly pubs, restaurants and caf├ęs.

Bachelors acre I mentioned is right behind the main shopping street so is a useful bribe if toddlers moan about going round the shops.

There's also a good leisure centre with a pool.

Everything is walking distance in the town centre. It's a great town to live in or visit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now