Lookign to move out of Sandhurst, Berkshire, but staying near

(3 Posts)
misscph1973 Tue 01-Apr-14 15:14:42

I have lived in Sandhurst, Berkshire, for 6 years and it's time to move as our rented house is too small and it's a very transient area - ALL of my children's friends have moved.

So now I am trying to narrow it down by area. I am not looking to move far, probably no more than 25 miles. I like Hartley Wintney, but I don't think I can afford it. So currently I am looking at outskirts of Bracknell, but the schools (junior) don't look too good. Any advice would be appreciated!

BerkshireLocalEditor Wed 02-Apr-14 19:16:58

Hmmm I have a few friends who live in Bracknell and want to move to get their kids into better schools.

Jennets Park seems nice. I live in Wokingham and recommend it. Woodley also seems quite nice. Caversham Park is very lovely and the schools are really good.

misscph1973 Thu 03-Apr-14 11:58:10

Thanks, BerkshireLocalEditor. My kid's current school (College Town) is a good school academically, it's the social aspect that is problematic.

So far it looks like Holly Springs is a good school. I will look at Jennets Park, thank you. I think Wokingham is probably out of my budget, but will check. Woodley and Caversham Park is now added to check list!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now