hi!

(51 Posts)
HippoInAtutuAndTapShoes Tue 13-Nov-12 23:00:53

Hi, I really hope someone joins me on this bench soon, I look like a billy n no mates lol!

As I've not read any bench threads I don't know what I'm meant to say, so ummmm, hi grin

fancyboots Mon 19-Nov-12 00:45:21

Hi ladies, room for anymore on the bench? Just grabbing a bit of me time before the weekly onslaught of work and school. I like the sound of the museum as I've been looking for somewhere to take my 4yr old now that the park has been a no go for the past few weekends.

fancyboots Mon 19-Nov-12 00:50:59

Hi ladies, room for another one on the bench? I'm just grabbing some me time before the weekly onslaught of work & school. I like the sound of the museum - I need something for my 4 yr old to do at weekends now that the park has been a 'no go' for the last few weekends.

fancyboots Mon 19-Nov-12 00:52:16

Well waddya know! the first message didn't seem to appear - so I typed it again and now look like an idiot!!!!

BerkshireMel Mon 19-Nov-12 09:14:09

Hi again - you should really probably be an ambassador on the Reading site then rather than the Berkshire one...bit confusing I know but as Reading is such a large town it has its own site outside of the Berkshire one (so does Slough) - here's the link: local.mumsnet.com/reading. You can click on the link in the 'meet ups' tab to be set up as an ambassador there - good luck (and don't dessert berkshire completely wink)

Lostinbray Mon 19-Nov-12 12:27:16

Hi Fancy Boots,

Working from home today, and bored, bored, bored, how about you?

maudlynne Mon 19-Nov-12 13:21:58

Morning all and welcome to Fancy Boots

Me too Lost - it's so hard to get motivated. It will be dark before I get my act together.

Did you have a nice weekend?

Lostinbray Mon 19-Nov-12 13:47:26

Yes I did have a lovely weekend, how about everyone else?

I baked and helped at school jumble sale on Sat, then went to a family party in London. Had a lovely relaxed Sunday, shovelled leaves and went for a walk round Bray lake, and had a nice family meal. Can't remember the last time we had a low key Sunday.

maudlynne Mon 19-Nov-12 17:25:26

Sounds lovely Bray. Quiet one here just catching up with things.

HippoInAtutuAndTapShoes Mon 19-Nov-12 23:22:21

The reading one wasn't working last time I tried, but I'll look again.

Hi everyone, hope you are all well

BerkshireMel Tue 20-Nov-12 11:56:29

Just a thought Hippo, but if traffic is low on Reading's site (which it might be as they don't have a local editor yet), you could always be the 'Berkshire wide' ambassador - I guess there will be people who will not be too far away from you and be happy to travel a short way for meet-ups? If you are interested send me your email address (the one linked to your mn account) and i'll get you set up. am at home with chickenpox child so plenty of time for MN today wink

morenoodles Wed 21-Nov-12 13:51:41

I've been debating whether or not to say hiya, forums scare me a bit. Anyway, hi all. I live in Twyford, I'm mum to a cheeky 2 year old boy. I would love to meet up with other mums but struggle to find the time because I work full-time (I had my flexible working request refused)

@lostinbray, I know Bray, your not that far away Odds farm (its out past Taplow on the way to Cliveden Stately Home) its a fab place to take little people too...

HippoInAtutuAndTapShoes Wed 21-Nov-12 18:48:04

Reading site is working now, so I'll see about becoming am ambassador on there, if it's slow moving I'll become a Berks one if one is still needed.

Hi more don't be scared, we're all friendly smile

Lostinbray Fri 23-Nov-12 21:32:25

Hey ladies,

I've been away for a few days with work , so just seen this, hope everyone is well. Thanks morenoodles, and welcome, i'm glad you decided to delurk! I took the DC's to Odds farm in half term, it was very wet, but we had fun!

What is everyone up to this weekend?

EverythingsChanging Fri 23-Nov-12 22:38:56

Hi, can I join in. I live in Reading. Been on MN for ages but never been brave enough to post in local before.

Not sure what I'm doing this weekend. ex h left in June and I still haven't got used to it being just me and the dc (2yo and 5yo) at weekends. How daft is that? We normally just play it by ear but dd1 does love the puddles at Dinton Pastures so we have been getting muddy quite a lot recently!

I like Odds Farm Bray, although I think I preferred it before they got replaced the haystacks with the soft play - it can get quite hectic in that bit now! Bray sounds beautiful, dd1 would love it, she's very into nature atm. I may have to pick your brains for nice walks around that area.

Lostinbray Sat 24-Nov-12 07:28:21

Hi Everything,

Sounds tough trying to entertain 2 by yourself every weekend.

We walked round Bray lake last week and it was lovely. Let me know when you are heading this way. smile

morenoodles Mon 26-Nov-12 13:40:17

Afternoon all! I've been lurking on MN for just over 2 years and have only just started posting, I find the main site absolutely terrifying blush but I do like reading the AIBU section...

Anyway, I hope you all had fab weekends?

@Everything, whereabouts in reading are you btw?

Lostinbray Fri 30-Nov-12 10:20:08

Hurrah, first day of no work! Got home from last day at 1am so am knackered.

Have taken DC's to school and am now going to chill out today to recover!

What is everyone up to today?

lonelyfedupgonnascream Fri 30-Nov-12 10:59:17

Hi ladies can i join u, im in bracknell, been here8 weeks anddont know a soul, i hav 4 kids, 4,8,10 & 13. X

lonelyfedupgonnascream Fri 30-Nov-12 11:01:25

Morenoodles im the same, a good moch at aibu cheers me up, lol

morenoodles Fri 30-Nov-12 18:31:17

I know Bracknell very well, whereabouts are you?

morenoodles Fri 30-Nov-12 18:32:18

I've got mumsnet on my iPhone now! So please excuse the odd predictive text mistake if I make one smile

mumtotwoks Sat 08-Dec-12 21:02:36

hi all how are you all this very cold night.

HippoInAtutuAndTapShoes Tue 11-Dec-12 19:51:58

Hi everyone, old and how are we all in this cold weather? Is everyone ready for Christmas? I know I'm not!

1son1women1hound Mon 30-Dec-13 14:04:12

Hi?

TiggyOBE Tue 31-Dec-13 16:34:07

Hello everybody on here.

Bit quiet isn't it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now