Ooooh Halloween

(3 Posts)
BelfastLocalEditor Wed 25-Oct-17 18:00:40

And to balance out my Christmas thread I've copied the activities on 29th in the Titanic Quarter, which all seem to be free.
It should keep the little and big monsters busy thlsmile

Halloween Monster Mash
Date: 29 Oct 2017
Time: 4pm - 7pm
Venue: The Slipways, Titanic Belfast

On Sunday 29 October we'll be hosting the city’s annual Halloween Monster Mash on the slipways of Titanic Belfast, from 4pm -7pm. Dust off your broomstick and join us for an evening of carnival capers, spooky street theatre, macabre music, wicked workshops, fearsome fire juggling and much more.

This year’s theme is ‘Day of the Dead’ and little ghouls and scary skeletons of all ages can come along in their creepy carnival outfits or monstrous magical ones!

Beginning at 4pm, the entertainment line-up will feature:

an array of street theatre and walkabouts
breath-taking fire shows and jugglers
wicked workshops
mini fearsome fairground rides
scary samba dancing
live music on stage from ‘The Unusual Suspects’.
There’ll also be a range of ghoulish goods, scary sweets and terrifying treats for purchase on site 4pm-7pm.

Alongside our media partner Q Radio, the Q street team will be out and about amongst the crowd to select the best fancy dress outfits on the night, with some fang-tastic prizes up for grabs.

The eerie evening will draw to a close with the largest fireworks display in the city set to a scary samba soundtrack. Fireworks will begin at approximately 6.45pm and are due to last for 15 minutes.

Admission to the event is free and tickets are not required. Terms and conditions of entry apply.

BicycleMadeForTwo Thu 26-Oct-17 23:24:47

We went before but it was too busy for the kids and trying to leave in the car was a total nightmare. Stuck in a car park for 40 minutes with cranky kids.

Does anyone know if there is a decent place to watch the fireworks from without going into the mad crowd?

BelfastLocalEditor Fri 27-Oct-17 14:44:54

Admittedly @Bicycle I wouldn't dare try and park there. I would get the train, but am lucky enough to live not far away. It is even a hike from the train station. Not a great design plan for transport in fairness.
I hope someone will come along with a solution thlsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now