Book Club

(15 Posts)
PeppermintInfusion Wed 07-Jan-15 15:29:13

I've been on the lookout for a local book club for a while but haven't found any that are still active so far.

Anyone interested in starting/joining one in the Belfast area or know of any good ones? smile

Smurph77 Sat 24-Jan-15 20:13:08

I don't know of one but could be interested in joining one! Did you find one? What did you have in mind... meetups to talk about books generally or a book in particular each time?

LightHouser Mon 26-Jan-15 20:05:59

Book club with babies by any chance? Mine goes everywhere with me at the moment!

RayZ Mon 02-Feb-15 23:52:20

I would be interested in joining a Belfast book club too smile

PeppermintInfusion Tue 03-Feb-15 15:53:52

Ooh I never go notifications that anyone had replied on my thread! Yes babies would work, I have one due in a few weeks grin
Probably a particular book, I read all sorts!

BelfastLocalEditor Tue 03-Feb-15 23:47:01

I'm also keen on a book club... Peppermint I've sent you a PM smile

IMurderedStampyLongnose Tue 10-Feb-15 22:38:04

Hi,I would also be interested in joining a book club,though have no experience of them so not sure what to expect.Have no small baby to bring along thoughsmile

redredwine1 Mon 16-Feb-15 20:30:46

I would be interested in a book group altho i also will need to bring my LO along to ... whats easier Lisburn ?

L00pski Tue 24-Feb-15 00:34:12

Central Belfast would suit me please

shoofly Tue 24-Feb-15 17:07:47

I'd be interested too. I used to go to a fab book club - an evening once a month rotated round houses and involved wine natter about the book and general chat. It all fell apart for me when I got pregnant. General knackeredness and being unable to take bf baby meant that I lost touch. One that you might go to during the day particularly while smaller boy was at nursery would be very appealing!

PeppermintInfusion Mon 02-Mar-15 14:04:21

Hi all, I've been chatting with the Belfast Local Editor who is going to contact the Ground Espresso in Next on Royal Avenue. I think they have done deals for mumsnet meetups etc before so she's going to see what they can offer.
How would that suit everyone?

shoofly Sat 07-Mar-15 15:16:29

Sounds like a great idea. That's where we used to do a meet up - think it was free tray bake with large tea/ coffee.

busybee1981 Wed 22-Apr-15 00:14:30

Hi just seen this thread. I would really be interested in joining a bookclub. Has it started yet?

PeppermintInfusion Mon 27-Apr-15 15:33:11

Hi busy, no there hasn't been any movement on it yet. There was an idea to have it in ground coffee upstairs in next on royal ave.
Do we have any takers? If so we could get something organised for soon...

BelfastLocalEditor Mon 04-May-15 12:38:04

Hi everyone

I was actually speaking with the Ground Coffee in Waterstones, as I thought it would make sense to be surrounded by books!

Unfortunately there hasn't been any progress made there... we'd be welcome to go of course, there or anywhere, but I was hoping for something a little more official.

So, back to square one... whereabouts would suit everyone? Central Belfast? Any suggestions? What day / time would be best? Need space for buggies and changing facilities or would you be child-free? Daytime, evenings, weekends? Do you need parking or close to a train station or bus?

Central there's either of the Ground cafes, Cafe Nero on Fountain Street or Rosemary Street are both quite large for buggies, Harlem Cafe next to the Ulster Hall on Bedford Street is pretty cool. Out to the East I've heard Jellybean Cafe is pretty good and has a little play area. Skainos Cafe is also pretty good, both on Newtownards Road. South there's the museum cafe at Botanic which I'm told is pretty child friendly. There's Funky Monkeys out West. Just a few ideas!

Get your votes in here and we'll set something up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now