Moving to Holywood

(5 Posts)
Spowers Tue 21-Oct-14 20:56:37

Hello all!
My family and I are about to embark on the move from England to NI. We've settled on moving to Holywood and I'll be commuting to my new job in the city. I'm no stranger to big moves (I'm Canadian and have done a lot of moving around!), but am a little nervous! I'm looking forward to settling down a bit and taking advantage of a more community feel but wonder what is available. My son will be three soon and I'm interested in getting him involved in toddler groups/playground/etc. I'd love to take a few classes ( maybe some yoga) but not sure if that's available.
I'd love to hear about your experiences and any tips would be greatly appreciated!

PeppermintInfusion Fri 24-Oct-14 13:31:50

Holywood is a great spot- a lovely little village in itself and still close to the city of Belfast. Great transport,schools, etc.
I'm contemplating a move there myself smile
Do you know anyone here or will it be completely new?

Squirted Fri 24-Oct-14 13:38:22

Holywood is a nice wee town.
And handy if you're planning to get the train into belfast.
I'm sure the leisure centre would do yoga classes queens leisure centre

Welcome to NI.

Spowers Fri 24-Oct-14 18:30:29

Hi!
Nope, we don't know anyone yet but have heard rumours you are all a friendly bunchsmile
Thanks very much for the tips!

deeta33 Wed 31-Dec-14 20:08:06

Holywood is a lovely area to move to. If you are looking for some interests to join for you and your son have a look at APPA-NI which is only ten/fifteen minutes away. www.appa-ni.com They offer lots of different classes/activities, the teachers are brilliant and very welcoming

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now