Relocating from Worcestershire

(2 Posts)
Lisa117 Tue 11-Mar-14 22:33:02

Hi all,

My husband has been offered a promotion last week, which is based in Bedford. We spent the weekend down in Bedfordshire having a look at where we'd like to live. I haven't got a job down there yet, but touch wood, my husband can secure me a job in the same company as his, if not, I will be a lady of leisure for a bit.

When we were down there, I must say, I was overly impressed with Bedford itself. We are looking to live with 30-45 minute drive away, and I we quite liked Milton Keynes. Nice to new houses, and just looked cleaner, and a nicer area.

I am pregnant, (2 months down the line - first baby!), but I don't think schools are an issue at the moment. We are planning on renting for the first 6 months and then see what to do next. We've budged best part of £1,000 a month in rent to comfortably live and still save.

I just wanted to know if theres anywhere you guys would recommend in Bedfordshire.

Thanks,

Lisa

dicelola25 Thu 13-Mar-14 17:45:51

Hi Lisa - I relocated from London to village just outside Bedford. There are a lot of areas just around Bedford which are worth a look at. My comment about a 35min drive to Bedford is that there is a morning traffic problem in Bedford and it can take 20 to 30mins to get into it, so this would be additional time on your journey. There are villages just outside Bedford on the Milton Keynes side such as Biddingham, Bromham, Oakley which are worth a look at. There is new development just outside Kempton towards the bypass (but not close) which you may also be interested in. I live in one of these villages outside Bedford and it takes me about 20 mins to get to Milton Keynes shopping centre etc. There is a small town called Olney about 15 mins from Bedford, which is very attractive and worth looking at, although that does get busy in the morning as well. Hope this helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now