Where would you choose to live Redland or Bath?

(6 Posts)
makingamove Fri 25-Sep-09 00:14:30

I posted this question on other subjects and a couple of people suggested putting it on the local pages... so here it is!
We can't decide if we'd prefer Redland / cheapest bit of Clifton, possibly Cotham OR Bath.
I've tried to link below to the other post but most votes were for Bristol as more to do etc, not so many tourists etc.
Any views here? Does anyone know both cities?

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/other_subjects/830484-Bristol-vs-Bath-Where-would-you-choose- to-live -Redland

dillinger Fri 25-Sep-09 14:49:55

I live in Bath but do enjoy Bristol, so much more space and stuff to do etc. I know theres a lot on in Bath also but in my experience after living here for 7 years I felt very cramped living in the centre of town and found it a nightmare in the summer. We now live in the outskirts and whilst I enjoy the peace and the fact that we're walking distance from town still I feel a little 'out of the loop' so to speak. If I could move I would so live in Clifton! Its beautiful smile

Zazacat Sat 03-Oct-09 18:31:23

I love Bath. I enjoy the fact it's compact yet there's still a good amount going on. I feel like I've done the big city thing having lived in a variety of them, and find Bath perfect now I have a family. I live in Widcombe, which is close to the centre and lovely walks along the canal, and fields overlooking Bath. Bath's the beautiful place for me!

BarakObamasTransitVan Wed 07-Oct-09 18:45:59

I love Bristol and yes, there's a lot to do. BUT I'd choose Bath for the schools.
Someone on the other thread mentioned Bradford on Avon - which is lovely. I guess it depends on your priorities, really.

Rhian82 Wed 07-Oct-09 18:51:06

I love Bath - currently near the centre, about to move to Weston.

dillinger Wed 21-Oct-09 15:05:51

I didnt think of the schools in Bath when I replied to this post blush so in that respect I agree with BOTV.

Its also nice to be pretty much within walking distance of everything too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now