Nanny Needed

(11 Posts)
MsToni Tue 28-Jul-09 09:52:23

Hello

I'll be in Bath (The University) in October for a week (Monday - Friday) and I'm looking to have a Nanny for my son (who will be 5 months then). The hours will be 8am-5pm. There may be 1 or 2 odd nights when I'll need to extend the hours, depending on my schedule.

My questions are;

1) Will I get a Nursery, Nanny or Babysitter willing to work those hours?

2) Can I have an idea of how much this will cost?

3) Could anyone offer any recommendations, please?

Many Thanks

Toni

Zazacat Tue 28-Jul-09 18:12:32

Have just spotted that a new nursery is opening in Bath on 21st September, and it's on Bathwick Hill that leads up to the University. I couldn't think of anyone or any other nursery that could do just a week like you need, but as this is new they may be prepared to do this. Maybe?!

It's called Miles House day nursery. And for more info you can ring 0800 731 6644 or visit www.childbase.com.

Good Luck!

MsToni Tue 28-Jul-09 21:22:18

Many Thanks!!!! I'll have a look see now

MogTheForgetfulCat Sat 01-Aug-09 19:58:15

My lovely nanny - who is leaving me sad to go and do teacher training, gah! - has lots of nanny friends, some of whom have been hit by the current financial climate and been made redundant etc. I can ask her to ask around, if you like? Sounds a bit random, but she is an absolutely fantastic nanny, and won't associate with nannies she thinks are rubbish (that makes her sound a bit awful, I know...) so anyone she recommended would be v good.

Let me know if you want me to ask her.

As to cost, I imagine you could negotiate a weekly rate - those are pretty standard hours, and going rate round here c.£250-350 per week, I think.

MsToni Tue 01-Sep-09 17:11:46

Hi MTFC

Apologies for the late revert.

Yes, I'll be very happy if you could please ask her.

I've sent this to you via PM too.

Many Thanks

Toni

MsToni Tue 01-Sep-09 17:13:10

PS

Just seen you can't be contacted....I hope you get to see this again.

xxxxx

MogTheForgetfulCat Sun 06-Sep-09 22:30:17

Been on holiday, sorry - will speak to her about it this week and post again.

MogTheForgetfulCat Mon 07-Sep-09 21:13:25

Spoke to her today - she has a friend who she thinks would be able to do it, as she has recently been made redundant and not yet found another nanny position. I have met this woman a few times - she is a lovely nanny, very experienced, prefers working with babies and should be able to do the hours.

My nanny is going to speak to her this week and check whether she's available - it would help to have dates etc if you know them. Also a bit of info - when you say "the University", do you mean University of Bath or Bath Spa University? I presumed the former... Also, will you be staying up there? This nanny would need to know where you'll be staying, as she doesn't drive. But if it's University of Bath, it will be fine as there is plenty of public transport up that way, so that she could get back into Bath centre after work and get her bus home.

If she is available and you're interested, we can arrange contact details - so just let me know!

MsToni Wed 07-Oct-09 15:41:08

Hello!!!!!

Apologies for the delayed response. I've been away for awhile. Its the University of Bath, we'll be staying at the Polden Court and the dates are 19-23. I will be very very very grateful if you could confirm that she is still interested.....I am.....

Can we exchange email addresses or phone numbers?

MogTheForgetfulCat Sat 10-Oct-09 21:42:18

OK, call me on 07814 758848. My name's Nicky. I'll contact the nanny and see if she's still interested/available. Will pass on dates etc.
Speak soon!

MsToni Tue 13-Oct-09 05:19:19

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now