What to meet up with local Mums

(23 Posts)
Carageto Wed 06-May-09 20:49:39

Hi I'm newish to Bath and have 2 sons Raphael 2 and Ruben 6 months I moved here when Raph was 9 months and started full time work so was hard to meet new mums. I've now been on mat leave with my second son for 6 months and now feel ready to get out and meet people (was hard work for the first 6 months as my first son was only 18months when Ruben came along).

Would love to meet mums with kids simlar ages or just for girly chats over a large glass of wine when we can get babysitters, or even just a meet in Vic Park would be great miss adult conversation wink.

MogTheForgetfulCat Sun 10-May-09 21:50:14

Hello, I'd love to meet up - have 2 DSs also, 3.2 and 1.2, they are gorgeous but hard work! I am back at work part-time, Mon-Weds, but free Thurs/Fri and would love to meet up then - VP v good for my two. This week busy, but next week onwards would be great smile

fluffydog Tue 19-May-09 21:13:26

Hello, I also have a son who is nearly 5 months and try to get out and about as much as possible and would love to meet up with others. I did plan on meeting some of you before when I was pregnant but felt fairly awful and tired some of the time but now that LO is here I am just tired and I would love to try and meet up with you again. I can do most days but certainly Fridays are probably the best day.
smile

juniper75 Thu 21-May-09 19:59:00

I would also love to meet up. I have two - one daughter just coming up to 2 and one son, 7 months (Carageto, I know where you are coming from, I am just breathing my first breath after 6 months of quite hard graft!).
Vicky park always good, especially if it includes a stop for a coffee. We could always start with a coffee at the cafe just by the lions, and then walk to the park from there? Less hectic to meet up perhaps?...

MogTheForgetfulCat Tue 26-May-09 21:45:27

Cafe and VP sounds good to me - weather is (whisper it...) quite good at the mo, so maybe take a punt on a date next week or the one after and see what the forecast looks like?

Thurs/Fri OK for me, so that would be 4/5 June or 11/12 June. Any takers?

sazzerbear Sat 30-May-09 16:24:17

Sounds good to me - a few of us have met up already. I have 2 yo ds, 11/12 June good for me or later on in the month! grin

MogTheForgetfulCat Sun 31-May-09 21:49:42

I'm up for that - or later in the month, as you say sazzer!

juniper75 Mon 01-Jun-09 14:36:37

Friday 12th suits me... but later is also fine!

fluffydog Mon 01-Jun-09 20:36:21

12th - sounds good to me

sazzerbear Tue 02-Jun-09 15:26:17

and me! What about Zazacat, where is she?! grin

Zazacat Thu 04-Jun-09 18:47:23

I'm here! 12th may be a bit tricky for my youngest dd and I, but we will do our best.

MogTheForgetfulCat Fri 05-Jun-09 19:26:36

12th also looking OK for me - so are we doing VP, then? Suppose it will depend on weather. But maybe aim for 10-10.30 at the Pavilion cafe, and take it from there? If weather bad, we could always nip down to the egg, it's pretty close...

sazzerbear Fri 05-Jun-09 22:02:51

Is another day better for you then Zazacat?

sazzerbear Mon 08-Jun-09 17:48:45

bump

Zazacat Mon 08-Jun-09 18:54:23

Not really! You all go ahead, and as I say we will do our best to make it.

sazzerbear Mon 08-Jun-09 19:11:42

OK would be good to see you Zazacat, hope you do make it! Everyone else, as we are coming from outside Bath (thinking ahead!), how long are you all planning to stay? grin

fluffydog Mon 08-Jun-09 21:42:54

I shall stay as long as Josh allows - until he gets extremely stroppy. Probably until early afternoon - as we are also coming from outside Bath. Dont want to be too late though as have to walk the dog and get caught up with people travelling from work as have the buggy to cope with on the train. smile

sazzerbear Tue 09-Jun-09 16:11:10

Lol Fluffydog, gone are the days of being spontaneous, esp with a dog to factor into the equation as I know too well! Everything has to be planned to within an inch of its life! grin

MogTheForgetfulCat Tue 09-Jun-09 21:25:23

Blah, weather forecast for Friday is v pants - rain. What best to do - reschedule, or aim for the egg instead?

sazzerbear Wed 10-Jun-09 08:55:18

My ds has v short attention span so not sure how long I will be able to contain him in there!

fluffydog Thu 11-Jun-09 20:21:10

We hope to get to Bath by 10.05 on the train, r we still meeting at the Pavilion Cafe or going elsewhere? As it is quite a walk from the station and I don't want to miss you if you decide to go elsewhere.

MogTheForgetfulCat Thu 11-Jun-09 20:36:01

Weather forecast now looking much better smile so I will be at Pavilion Cafe between 10 and 10.30 - am sure my DS1 has outgrown the egg, too, sazzer!

Will sit outside as long as it's not freezing.

Have met sazzer before - but fluffydog, I'm dark haired, with 2 blonde DSs (3 and 1), probably in a red phil and teds.

Just a thought - have doctor's appointment first thing, am almost certain they will not be running late by then, so should not be delayed in getting there. But apologies if I am.

sazzerbear Thu 11-Jun-09 21:07:27

Sorry guys will have to give tomorrow a miss as have interview - yay! Unfortunately had no choice on the day! Would rather be with you guys in the park though, have a fun time and look forward to seeing you at the next get-together! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now