Moving to Bath from St Albans

(8 Posts)
Minxy89 Tue 31-Oct-17 15:39:24

I'm moving to Bath this november from St Albans with m husband and 2 year old and would love to meet others new to the area. My DH is starting works (feel a bit abandoned tbh) and my little one starts nursery in January - any advice on good toddler classes/groups that we could try until January?
We're moving in the Larkhall area - any thoughts on what there is to do around there?
Thanks!

Minxy89 Tue 31-Oct-17 15:44:07

I would also like to meet mums that aren't necessarily new to the area blush I haven't slept for the last week so I'm technically brain dead smile

MrsEricBana Tue 31-Oct-17 22:56:36

Not new to the area and my kids are older but just to say you'll love Bath and Larkhall is a lovely area to settle with good community, lots of good local shops and facilities (Alice Park, New Oriel Hall, Rondo Theatre etc) yet walkable into the centre of Bath. Further, a relative of ours has just moved from St Albans to Bath and loves it! Good luck!

Minxy89 Wed 01-Nov-17 08:41:57

Thank you for your reply - I do love Bath i just think that moving there and the whole stress of packing is getting to me. But thanks for the encouragement smile

Joinourclub Thu 02-Nov-17 17:50:13

There is a parent and toddler group on Wednesday mornings at St Saviours Church in Larkhall. On Thursdays there is 'Kidzfun' at the Oriel Hall, on Fridays there is a preschool ballet class there. It's a nice flat walk into town from Larkhall, so easy with a pushchair.

Spindelina Thu 02-Nov-17 18:01:42

Do you like singing? If so, google humbugs singing.

Minxy89 Thu 09-Nov-17 10:47:55

Thanks i wanted to find a ballet class. Singing is definitely not my forte but i will have a look smile

wheresmyphone Sat 11-Nov-17 19:26:50

Lovely new bookshop in Larkhall doing kids stuff. Good library above Waitrose with kids activities. Fab kids park/play area at Victoria Park. Good luck with the move!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now