Help with Batheaston area

(4 Posts)
wikwak Tue 31-Oct-17 13:05:59

We are considering a move from West London (where we currently are very close to an excellent school)

We've seen a house we really like on the edge of Batheaston, but equidistant from Batheaston/Bathampton/Bathford

It looks like the state schools are scarily oversubscribed for Year 2 (I have a 6 year old and a 2 year old). Can anyone give any advice on other suggestions (as far as i can see it's Kingsdown School, Monkton Combe School or possibly Colerne school (state) (not sure if they have any space)

I am very used to being around the corner from school and not too sure I can handle sitting in traffic jams all morning so would really welcome some good local advice!

Sorry for my ramblings and thankyou!

Stuckyducky Wed 01-Nov-17 13:56:08

I feel kindred sympathy! My husband has already began a job in the university but we are still living in Oxfordshire with a 6 year old and a 2 year old. My daughter goes to a school 2 mins walk from our house..

We decided on Combe Down and I liked the Paragon smile As you say, state schools so full..

Joinourclub Thu 02-Nov-17 17:53:27

Have you had a look st Swainswick ( state school)? Possibly closer than Colerne.

Slashtrophe Sat 04-Nov-17 11:17:53

Do you have to be that side of Bath? The other sides are much easier for schools....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now