Bathford

(7 Posts)
Spoonybird Sat 13-May-17 18:16:19

Hi all, considering a move to Bathford but wanted to ask if anyone knew the village well and could offer any insight, I'd be most grateful
- is Bathford Primary any good? Seen its recently left from Inadequate to Outstanding. How come?
- is it a friendly, inclusive village. We'll be relocating from London but aware that can put people's backs up!
- what's the traffic like going in & out of Bath during rush hour?
- what's the best way to commute to London?
Thank you

illhaveagin Sat 24-Jun-17 21:32:44

Hello Spoonybird, I know Bathford pretty well, it is a lovely village. I will PM you smile

Spindelina Sun 25-Jun-17 09:38:30

Traffic into Bath is completely hideous. Less hideous if you are going against the tide.

To get to London, I'd get the bus to Chippenham station and train from there.

Or you might be able to drive - no idea what parking at Chippenham station is like. Another option would be to drive to Westbury, where I think parking is possible.

Lozzie12 Sun 25-Jun-17 09:51:41

I moved from London to a place just outside Bath, as others have said traffic into Bath can be a bit slow in the morning but it really is nothing like the London traffic. Lots of people relocate from London in this area so you won't be an outsider. Bathford is a lovely village and well located. Keynsham which is the other side of Bath is good for a London commute. Alternatively coming more towards Chippenham (Corsham or Box are lovely) are very commutable.

JohnnyBarthes Sun 25-Jun-17 11:54:45

Parking at Chippenham station is about £8 for 24hrs and there's usually plenty of it.

JohnnyBarthes Sun 25-Jun-17 11:59:10

Sorry, posted too soon! The bus takes ages and costs at least a fiver, whereas driving will take 30-ish minutes in the morning.

MrsEricBana Mon 26-Jun-17 00:21:08

School run into Bath from Bathford non ideal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now