Good areas in Keynsham

(6 Posts)
CakeInMyFace Thu 16-Jan-14 09:18:30

Hi - we're thinking of moving to Keynsham and was wondering if anyone had any advice on areas to look at or avoid, and also any views on the primary schools there?

lovinglapland Thu 16-Jan-14 18:03:22

In my opinion you want to be on the Wellsway School side of Keynsham or in Saltford. The primary school is Chandag Infants/Juniors or in Saltford there is also a very good primary. If you look at a map of Keynsham you would need to be to the east of the river Chew for Wellsway School (the other side and you would be in Broadlands School).

CakeInMyFace Sun 19-Jan-14 14:01:11

Thanks lovinglapland - that is enourmously helpful. We just about went to look at a property on Summerleaze thinking the shool was still under a mile away. That's the secondary school we'd want our DD to go to. I'll have to pass on it!
Thanks again

lovinglapland Mon 20-Jan-14 17:07:54

You're welcome. I grew up in Keynsham and went to Wellsway some while ago! It is was a good school then, but is definitely even better now. It is still very popular, but if you can find a house on that side of Keynsham you won't have any problems getting a place. As I said Saltford is also in their area of responsibility, but a little bit quiet. Primary has a good reputation though.

Chocolatecake123 Fri 31-Jan-14 14:55:55

Hi there, I would really recommend Keynsham, we love it here : ) the primary and secondary school on the wellsway side are supposed to be great, we moved here for the schools too. I'm not sure how old your child/children are but mine also go to a nearby nursery called snapdragons which I"d recommend too : )

CakeInMyFace Mon 10-Feb-14 19:45:05

Thanks! We will be looking for a nursery as my dd won't be starting school until sept 2015. Have just sold our house so on the hunt now! I'll have a look at snapdragons I've heard of them. Thanks for all the help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now