Nurseries in High Barnet

(14 Posts)
FlyingSausage Mon 27-Apr-15 10:42:38

Hi all. We're planning to move to EN5 some time this year and will need to find a nursery for our 1-year-old daughter. She has significant additional needs but is really enjoying her mainstream nursery where we are at the moment. We're more concerned about finding somewhere friendly and caring that will be keen to help her progress than necessarily finding somewhere with SEN experience. Any advice welcome - thank you!

BarnetEnfieldEditor Tue 28-Apr-15 00:45:42

Hi FlyingSausage! Great name and many thanks for posting here! I hope someone comes along soon to help you find a lovely nursery for your daughter.

The very best of luck with the move :-)

FlyingSausage Tue 28-Apr-15 06:24:20

Thank you!

Lambton Tue 02-Jun-15 10:01:24

Hi, You could try Underhill Children's Centre which is great and very supportive. Or I think Whitings Hill might be good.

BarnetEnfieldEditor Tue 02-Jun-15 16:15:01

Thanks Lambton. I think it might be you that I've emailed about a different thread? If so, hope that's ok and do come back with any questions!

Kingsan Thu 04-Jun-15 14:48:33

St Margaret's in New Barnet is fantastic.

FlyingSausage Wed 10-Jun-15 23:04:44

Thank you! It's great to hear good things about Underhill, as the house we're hoping to buy is very close.

shraddha183 Wed 06-Jan-16 20:33:18

Hi,
I moved to High Barnet just yesterday and have to look for nurseries for my 3 year old soon. Wanted to know where did you finally put your daughter flyingsausage?

Loftslag Sun 10-Jan-16 18:12:04

Hi Shraddha - I was FlyingSausage but can't log in with that name, for some reason.

Welcome to Barnet. We moved just before Christmas so are still settling in, too.

My daughter has just started at KidzChoice in New Barnet. Of all the nurseries I visited,
that was the one that seemed best suited to her needs. I also quite liked Woodlands, just off Fitzjohn Ave.

shraddha183 Mon 11-Jan-16 01:35:43

Hi Loftslag, thanks for getting back to me. I am actually going to check some nurseries on Tuesday. May be I will think of kidzchoice too and woodlands. Thanks for your help! Hope your move was ok. Ours is still quite chaotic. Where did you move? We are just north of wood street in High Barnet. Thanks again and will let you know which nursery I go for.

Loftslag Mon 11-Jan-16 10:32:09

We moved a couple of days before Christmas, which was a bit of a nightmare, but we're slowly getting straight. We ended up in one of the roads off Meadway, just by King George's Fields. We looked at some houses near Wood Street - it's lovely round there.
Whereabouts did you move from? Did you already know the area? We've come from Maida Vale - it's a big change, but a good one, I think.
Best of luck with the nurseries - I'd love to know which one you end up going for.

shraddha183 Wed 13-Jan-16 20:59:18

Hi Loftslag,
We are moving from Canary Wharf area. So a bit of a change for us too. I went and saw few nurseries and decided to go for the Alban pre school. Seen to have outstanding rating and the owners seem very experienced. My little one starts on Monday smile. Any one has any experience with this nursery?

Loftslag Thu 14-Jan-16 14:25:48

That does look nice. I didn't visit it because my daughter needed somewhere that would take under-2s. I hope your little one settles in happily!

shraddha183 Thu 14-Jan-16 20:40:43

Thanks!!! I appreciate the help and advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now