pregnant in aberdeen

(492 Posts)
Sillyness Tue 29-Jun-10 21:51:36

hi, i'm moving to aberdeen in august and am 8weeks pregnant. anyone else about who is preggers too?

Kellz92 Mon 23-Jul-12 10:14:18

Hi.

I live in aberdeen and im 12 weeks pregnant. Im waiting for my scan. smile I would like to talk to other pregnant girls in the area as I dont know anyone who is pregnant right now!

Sapphire1 Sat 02-Apr-11 19:36:44

Hello Sandilj, congrats! As silly says, come over to the bumps and babies thread (there were too many graduates of this thread so we had to change it lol!)...

Sillyness Fri 01-Apr-11 22:48:33

Hey Sandilj, come over to bumps and babies thread as we dont really use this one anymore...i have details of a aqua aerbics type thing for pregnant people...

Sandilj Fri 01-Apr-11 19:34:06

Hello fellow preggers, I'm expecting twins, first and second kids!! In sept this year .

Only 15weeks but looking for an aqua aerobics class in Aberdeen. Can't find one anywhere any ideas?

Also looking for anyone with lots of twins advice as I am clueless !!

Karen4007 Fri 25-Mar-11 16:12:54

How do i find it?

Sapphire1 Mon 21-Mar-11 20:32:31

Thanks Silly! Will carry on conversation over there...

Sillyness Mon 21-Mar-11 10:49:15

new thread is started!

meet up with everyone would be great! i'll let you guys organise it though cos im still waiting on shifts for the next few weeks!
xx

littlenuttree Sun 20-Mar-11 18:20:20

I thought everyone had defected to facebook and forgotten about MN! We're free for a meet-up whenever, DD2 is looking forward to meeting all her little friends! So, when and where??

How's everyone doing? We're getting on fine, the transition to having 2 children has been much easier than I thought it would be, but it's only been 4wks so there's time yet!

I used to sit for ages reading through all the threads on Active Conversations, and agree that most threads turn to be a bit mean. I really only look at this thread now, and the pushchair threads. Should really stay away from those though, I don't need any encouragement! grin

I think maybe a change of thread name would be good too, do you want to start it off sapphire?

Medee Sun 20-Mar-11 14:08:36

Still here!

Yes, Bumps and Babies does sound a more accurate description.

Sapphire1 Sun 20-Mar-11 12:36:22

Blimey medee, you still here lol! smile

I find some MNers a bit mean too. I'm a 'baby and bump' addict instead!

When are we having another meet up - I need to see mini LNT!

Oh, and do you think we should start a new thread? 'Pregnant in Aberdeen' isn't really accurate anymore - maybe 'bumps and babies in Aberdeen' would be better? You never know, we might even get some new people join us!

Medee Sat 19-Mar-11 17:38:08

AIBU is definitely not for the faint-hearted!

Karen4007 Sat 19-Mar-11 12:05:05

Has anyone looked through some of the other threads on here. People get well irate with each other and start using the c word. Can't believe how mean they all are!

Medee Mon 07-Mar-11 14:49:30

Hi LNT - nothing doing here, am due this coming Saturday.

Closest we got was a couple of us maybe going to the Bumps and Babies group on Thursday afternoon, but nothing else arranged for a proper meet yet.

littlenuttree Mon 07-Mar-11 14:35:33

Hi girls, hope you're all doing fine. No new babies yet?? grin I hope the meet-up went well! It's a shame I missed it. sad Still, I did have fun at home being patronised by the health visitor!

Did you discuss another meet-up? Does anyone fancy another so soon? I need an excuse to get out of the house! We can do mornings or afternoons, just whichever suits everyone.

Medee Fri 04-Mar-11 12:27:52

I've got Jackrum's email too, so shall drop her a note in case she doesn't see the FB message.

Sapphire1 Fri 04-Mar-11 12:03:48

Ok, using my detective powers I think I've managed to find Jackrum and Ineed's phone numbers. Hopefully, they got my message. Methinks it might be a good idea for us to get eachother's phone numbers in case of plan changes...

Sillyness Fri 04-Mar-11 09:48:45

Thanks for FB message, i'll see you at US then!

And i've already got next sale date in my diary...NO WAY im working that day!!!!

Sapphire1 Thu 03-Mar-11 18:45:09

Erm, what's the best way of telling the others if we change venue? Does anyone know if Ineed is coming or have Jackrum's number? I have silly's number so could let her know...

Karen4007 Thu 03-Mar-11 17:23:55

I am happy at US, Lizzie is too small to care where we are. If she is gonna be grumpy she is gonna be grumpy wherever we are!

Yay...can't wait for the next sale..... I'll get Lizzie's 19-12 months clothes lol

Medee Thu 03-Mar-11 14:24:29

and thanks for advance notice of the next sale, that will be perfect timing for my next tranch of stuff I'll need. Was a bit gutted to miss this one, but this week has made me realise just how much stuff I do have for the imminent arrival.

Medee Thu 03-Mar-11 14:23:22

Sounds like a plan, Sapph. If we revert to US that suits me best as I'll have just dropped my mum off at the station - but you ladies with babies decide what suits best.

Bathsheba Thu 03-Mar-11 12:05:50

Nah...she was fibing about being in the queue at 7am....

How Do I know...I run the NCT sales in Aberdeen and I got there at 8:30 and there was no-one queueing then.

First people started queueing at 9am..

Do come to the next one though...28th May.

Karen4007 Wed 02-Mar-11 18:21:52

I am happy where ever, as long as everyone responds... we don't want half turning up to one place and half at the other lol.

Sapphire1 Wed 02-Mar-11 16:17:50

Aw, it's a shame you can't make it LNT, we'll have to organise the next one pronto. Glad DD2s birth went well, I would have loved to use the pool - maybe next time eh! People often say that the 2nd baby is easier, my mum says you almost don't notice having an extra one.

Anyhow, would anyone object to a change of plan? It might be a good idea to save the ceramic place for another time, perhaps when the other babies are here too? If you'd rather still go there just tell me! wink

littlenuttree Tue 01-Mar-11 13:29:08

You guys have been very chatty since the last time I logged in here!grin I hope you're all doing well.

Thanks for all your congratulations! DD2 is fab! smile It's been such a different experience this time, from the labour through to how contented she is! I don't know if it's because I feel more confident this time or just that she's got a different temperament to DD1, but it's good. She just sleeps and feeds so far, and only wakes up once a night to feed. I keep thinking, 'It'll change tomorrow' but fingers crossed it doesn't! I just want to be on my guard!! The labour went really quickly, only 5.5hrs this time, and she was born in the birthing pool - she was the 3rd baby to be born in there! I don't know how much the water helped but it was a good distraction and the gas & air was brilliant this time.

Sounds like those of you who made the NCT sale got some good bargains. I was going to try and come along but I don't really need anything at the moment and wouldn't be able to control my spending self when I was there!

I'm really sorry, you're all going to hate me! After all your arranging to try and keep me happy, I won't be able to make it on Friday. sad The health visitor called this morning and is coming round for our first visit on Fri morning (fun! hmm) and we got a letter in yesterday with an appointment for DD2's hearing test which is on Fri afternoon! It'll be a busy day I think! I will definitely make the next one and I think Ceramic Experience is a great place to meet. Even without a toddler in tow. DD1 loves the soft play there. As an aside, Mondays and Wednesdays are fine for me to meet without DD1 as there are grandparents around those day to babysit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now