Moving to Aberdeenshire - Ellon & Neighbhouring Areas

(5 Posts)
Annie9384 Wed 22-Feb-17 00:22:21

Hello Mums, my first ever post here . We are moving to Aberdeenshire , with DHs work based in Peterhead and after some finding out we have narrowed our choice of living area to Ellon / Newburgh kinds.

My question, is there any Mums here from Ellon that could give me a bit more detailed review on what areas to choose in Ellon as I will be mostly on prams and baby wearing and will be wanting to go to toddler groups ,baby groups , local shops , leisure centre etc .

Secondly , nursery wise , which is a good nursery to choose from and does that determine the area we live in Ellon ? Pretty clueless about these things shock

Looking forward to make some mummie friends , my little girl is 9 months tommorow and I'm a bit nervous about being alone in a new place with no friends ! Hopefully not for long .

missingtheDeen Wed 22-Feb-17 09:12:31

My sil lives near Ellon. Just a wee Street of houses about a mile out. I will ask her. My niece is 2 and she goes to a lot of groups with her and dn goes to a nursery nearby.

Annie9384 Wed 22-Feb-17 10:03:18

Thank you ever so much . i will wait to hear more

missingtheDeen Thu 23-Feb-17 12:22:36

Just waiting on her to get back to me. I will pm you when she has. When are you moving? I used to live in Aberdeen itself but left the area a few years ago.
Where are you moving from?

Notfastjustfurious Thu 23-Feb-17 23:57:13

Are you talking pre school nursery or daycare? School catchment area will make a difference. Both newburgh and ellon are nice check out aspc for houses in the area for sale. There's actually plenty of baby/toddler groups and everyone is really friendly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now