Talk

Advanced search

Experiences of young people with gay/lesbian parent/s

(1 Post)
jane1eypstudy Fri 18-Jun-10 16:56:15

Hi there,

My name is Jane Tyler. I am a Trainee Clinical Psychologist studying at The University of East London. As part of my training I am required to complete a research study looking at an area I am interested in.

I would like to talk to young people between the ages of 13 and 24 years old who have a parent or parents who are gay and/or lesbian. I would like to explore the young person’s day to day experiences, this may include areas such as: family, friendship, education, relationships, identity. However, what is talked about will be very much up to the young person. Young people who take part will be reimbursed travel expenses and paid £5.

My study has received the go ahead from an ethics board. I am looking to spread the word about my study to reach young people who maybe interested in taking part.

If you would like to know more about the study, or know of people who may be interested in learning more please email me (eypstudy@hotmail.com) and I would be happy to answer any questions or feel free to pass on this information. I also have a facebook page that can be viewed at www.facebook.com/EYPstudy

Many thanks,

Jane Tyler

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »