Talk

Advanced search

Children's hairdresser

(22 Posts)
MrsHappy Thu 12-Nov-09 15:42:45

Can anyone recommend a children's hairdresser in Muswell Hill/Crouch End?
DD is beginning to look as though her mother doesn't look after her...

Thanks

TheInvisibleHand Fri 13-Nov-09 14:16:23

Minikin in Crouch End. Lots of toys, very patient with DD who has much curly tangly hair!

MrsHappy Fri 13-Nov-09 14:23:43

Thank you - have booked at Minikin (two friends also suggested them this morning).
Hope they are as good as everyone says!

theyoungvisiter Fri 13-Nov-09 14:25:54

can I ask a rude question and ask how much they are charging? Am also looking for a hairdresser for DS1.

MrsHappy Fri 13-Nov-09 14:38:10

No idea (forgot to ask) but will let you know afterwards!

My friends said it could be quite expensive- apparently they do "first hair cut" packages involving ribbons, photos, balloons etc - but I guess you can simply say no to all of that.

theyoungvisiter Fri 13-Nov-09 14:43:28

Well fortunately DS1 has had his first haircut - which involved DH waiting until I was out of the house, then hacking at him with our kitchen scissors until DS looked like he'd had a lawnmover accident grin

Mysteriously, no photo or ribbons for that one?

TheInvisibleHand Fri 13-Nov-09 15:46:24

If you don't do the whole first haircut bit its £12ish (can't remember exactly). They also have a not very generous loyalty card.

fromheretomaternity Mon 08-Mar-10 22:42:28

it's about £14 i think... but they are v good and it's a very pleasant experience. tried to find somewhere cheaper and failed. think there is a place somewhere near priory park which isn't a kids hairdresser but does do kids hair, but afraid I don't know the name

mrsbaldwin Wed 01-Sep-10 13:29:07

OK it's official - I am tired of Minikin.

The hairdressers are lovely and the haircuts are great, but I can never get an appointment when I want one and whenever I call up they always sound like I should be grateful to them for deigning to cut the baby's hair, not that I am a valuable customer.

Any other recommendations for kids haircuts in Muswell Hill, Crouch End, or Wood Green please?

squeaver Wed 01-Sep-10 13:32:05

Totally agree MrsB. Would love to know of any others.

Loulou000 Fri 12-Nov-10 20:00:51

I have a fantastic hairdresser who comes to our house. Does mine and the kids. Brings her little boy. Shout if still looking and I'll pass on her details.

mrsbaldwin Sat 20-Nov-10 21:02:08

Ha!

You mean Vicky (and Obi) right?

Yes she has been to see us too.

Katyathegringa Mon 22-Nov-10 14:23:22

Ohh, can I have her details?

GoodnightNobody Mon 22-Nov-10 14:30:45

Goody Gumdrops- the toy shop on Crouch End Hill (further up from Dunns- walking away from clock tower) has opened hairdressing service for children.

mrsbaldwin Sun 26-Dec-10 08:51:08

Katya I have PMed you the phone number of Vicky the hairdresser.

So, in my latest foray into kids hairdressing in N8 I tried calling Goody Gumdrops. That was a marginally better experience than calling Mini-no-appts-till-2013-now-piss-off-please-Kin ... as no-one answered the phone. Two days running.

So this time I sent him to MILs for the day and told her to see if she could get a haircut for him in a little village hairdressers near her house - bingo! It was £10 ie a third cheaper than Crouch End.

arsenaldelight Tue 25-Jan-11 15:16:12

Mini kin is the place!! It is a pleasure going there for me and my little one.

I know that you cannot always get an appointment on the day or sometimes even the next day, so do have to plan hair cuts in advance, which is not a problem (it's the same with my salon)

It must be telling you something if it's always fully booked.

They do have a answer machine when they are closed and I have always received a call back

mrsbaldwin Tue 25-Jan-11 22:25:53

Arsenaldelight - the actual hairdressers at Minikin are great! But the people who answer the phone are kind of annoying (see my post above).

And I for one have never been able to book a haircut less than a week in advance.

Anyway my forays into alternative hairdressers are going quite well ...

More reports on this page soon.

mummydo Wed 02-Feb-11 00:20:32

Mrs Baldwin, apologies if you couldn't reach us - our phone at Goody Gumdrops was out of order for a few days. We do have an excellent childrens hairdresser. She isn't in every day, but pls call and we will happily book in your little one... mention mumsnet for a £10.00 cut. She in this Saturday if anyone interested!

bluepapermonkey Sat 05-Feb-11 16:49:41

i can recommend 'blossoms' just by W3/W7/210 bus stop at top of stroud green road, opposite sainsburys (well, down a teeny bit). she charges £10 and does a super bob and is v nice.

susu67 Wed 23-Mar-11 13:32:37

Any who wants to know there's a new children's hairdressers in Kentish town NW5, called Kutz 4 kids, with great set up, toys games, balloons fantastic! took my little on there on saturday, it was brill!! gave me time to relax as they have another part to the salon which does adults too. Great! I did a search and found them on the internet they have a website www.kutz4kids.com, also there is a youtube link kutz 4 kids.

Ucledu Sat 16-Apr-11 21:25:13

We took our boy for Kutz4kids in Kentish Town today, and we will be returning. They have nice toys for the kids and the women working there were delightful with our boy. Nice cut too. They are just starting out so especially keen to please.

emmak123 Fri 27-May-11 11:04:29

Sula from Kutz4Kidz did my DD's hair yesterday, fab job. I'm quite picky about her hair so was really pleased, she did exactly as I asked. And we had the kind of natter you'd have with your own hairdresser in the process.
I used to go to Minikins and would recommend them but the prices have shot up recently, so I'll be sticking to Kutz4Kidz from now on who are just as good but not as dear!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now