Talk

Advanced search

fireworks in colchester?

(4 Posts)
pooter Fri 30-Oct-09 17:35:47

Hi everyone,
Just thinking about bonfire night - i know of 3 firework displays;
1. West Bergholt Heathlands school - decent display, only £3 in advance and free to under 3yrs
2. King Coles Kittens Castle park - used to go before DS, but its a bit late and longwinded i think, plus pricey
3. Saw an advert for Firework Display In the Avenue of Remembrance with a fun fair. Anyone been to this one? did it happen last year? They have a kids display at 6ish then the real thing at 7 something. DS loves merrygorounds, so was wondering if it was any good?

Or is there a secret one i dont know about? DS saw fireworks on Jakers this afternoon, and said he wants to see some. As usual i scramble to grant his every whim hmm i despair of myself grin

SparklyPrincess Sat 31-Oct-09 09:43:48

I'm planning on going to the one at W Bergholt. It's too difficult to get out of Castle Park if the girls don't like it and I'm hoping that the one at Bergholt won't be as loud and bangy shock

Not heard of the one with the fun fair - sounds like a good idea to have a kids display. Need to go check what the kids are doing to my guitar then I will google later!

debbiedonut Fri 05-Nov-10 11:13:38

we go to west bergholt every year - great atmosphere coupled with great display - well worth a look

pooter Tue 09-Nov-10 19:54:48

Last year we ended up at the funfair i mentioned - such crap!! so overpriced and tacky and he was scared of the fireworks!

This year DH took him in the car to The Range carpark - they had a fab view of teh castle park fireworks without the scary noise and cold! I stayed in the warmth cuddling a sleeping baby grin

Hope everyone had a good bonfire night.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now