Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have any experience of Our Lady of Victories RC primary school in Kensington?

(6 Posts)
extremelychocolateymilkroll Fri 03-Apr-09 22:49:38

It's the nearest school to us and we're hoping dd, who is 19 months, will go there. TIA

W8 Sun 14-Nov-10 21:44:08

Have you baptised your dd? That's their priority I think....

extremelychocolateymilkroll Sun 14-Nov-10 22:26:30

Thanks W8. Dd is baptized but have discovered that the main criterion is to live in the parish and as the school is not in the parish, the closer you live to the school, the less chance you have of getting in which is what happened to us.

W8 Wed 17-Nov-10 16:13:26

How fardoe sit stretch to? We are where St.mar Abbot is but no chance for us as we have to go to the church for 3years....I thought Our Lady Victory might be the same?

W8 Wed 17-Nov-10 16:17:06

Seems to be a great school though.I know a few kids who went to that school. Thinking of enrolling my son into this school myself. And have seen a few kids walking to and from school, they seem happy and all that.

extremelychocolateymilkroll Thu 18-Nov-10 17:13:49

There doesn't seem to be the same stipulation regarding length of time practising at the church, it's more that you have to live within the parish boundaries and even then you have to live fairly close to the school. So, bizarrely, you can be rejected for living within the parish but too far from the school - i.e. across the road from the church as happened to a family I know of.

I think the school is okay but not as good as its reputation if you look at its Ofsted reports and if you chat to some of the parents whose children are there. I know of a lady whose son was there for nursery for a year and in his end of year report they got his name wrong, even putting down a girl's name. Very much a private school feel - hats and all and lots of very big cars and nannies at the school gates.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now