smile

SAMS73 Fri 26-Dec-08 16:55:33

merry christmas an a happy new year.

SAMS73 Fri 26-Dec-08 16:55:35

merry christmas an a happy new year.

BibiJesus Fri 26-Dec-08 17:26:50

Nadolig Llawen from Ponty! grin

hockeypuck Sun 28-Dec-08 08:09:57

oooh I've only just found this mn local section - how slow am I??

Happy Christmas Cardiff MNers grin

MaryMotherOfCheeses Mon 29-Dec-08 21:58:42

Hello all.

is there really that few of us around??? smile

dirtygertiefromnumber30 Mon 29-Dec-08 22:00:39

me me me

merry xmas! im bloody knackered and have overindulged HUGELY! Looking forward to NY and eating / drinking normally again! grin

IwishIwasmoreorganised Mon 29-Dec-08 22:05:37

I'm here! I live in Barry but have been away for Christmas. Hope you've all had a lovely time.

What are you all up to for NY? We've been invited to a freinds' house party (and allstay over) but are in 2 minds whether to go or not with the kids in tow.

MaryMotherOfCheeses Mon 29-Dec-08 22:35:17

smile

DirtyGertie, haven't seen you around for aaaaages! I'm normally Peaches Mclean - posted under that and PeaMclean for quite a while.

We're just going to a friends' house. We usually don't bother with going out on NYE - in fact, I think it's one of the best things about DCs that you have an excuse not to bother on NYE. But we've succumbed to a party invite this year.

And bumping for any more Cardiff (or thereabouts) people.

dirtygertiefromnumber30 Mon 29-Dec-08 22:38:08

Hi Peaches! Yeah got all into running for a while and deflected to a running type forum. Thats OBVIOUSLY out the window now and am MNing with a pack of chocolate buttons!

MaryMotherOfCheeses Mon 29-Dec-08 22:40:38

Running V impressive. Nowt wrong with a strategic packet of chocolate buttons though. grin

dirtygertiefromnumber30 Mon 29-Dec-08 22:42:48

oh, it was impressive whilst it lasted grin

CrochetDivaMadeTheElvesNewHats Mon 29-Dec-08 22:57:02

mmmm chocolate buttons!

smileMerry Christmas and a Happy New Year smile (from me in Penarth, but don't hold that against me! grin)

SAMS73 Tue 30-Dec-08 08:33:22

good partying during christmas, other half working over the newyear. Just chilling out.Any new year resolutions ?

dirtygertiefromnumber30 Tue 30-Dec-08 08:50:47

ah, i used to live in penarth crochetdiva, just off cornerswell road. Spent many a night in The Railway grin

Same here about NY. I am soo full of toxins after the christmas period I just want a salad and an early night!

dirtygertiefromnumber30 Tue 30-Dec-08 08:52:08

not sure bout resolutions yet. Might try and start running again. Its just SO COLD at the moment! (doesnt sound too positive does it?)

CrochetDivaMadeTheElvesNewHats Tue 30-Dec-08 17:27:03

dirtygertie ... I live just off cornerswell road too!

As for NY, my resolution us to not buy any yarn in 2009 (unless of course I'm given yarn vouchers for my birthday or am asked to make things for other people.... am I allowed to put a caveat on a resolution?)

dirtygertiefromnumber30 Tue 30-Dec-08 17:36:14

lol at not buying anymore yarn for a NY resolution! (its a dirty, nasty habit that yarn buying - you'll be a much better person for it when you give it up grin)

penarth's got so much better since I left - youve got cibo's now, that oche lounge and some good shops. I used to love fox's deli - is it still there?

MaryMotherOfCheeses Tue 30-Dec-08 18:43:24

Foxy's is deffo still there but Cibo has closed I think.

I can't make up my mind about those Lounge places though - the Juno Lounge on Wellfield Road is nice, and there's one near us in Whitchurch now, but I think I'm prejudiced simply cos it's a chain. I can't seem to reconcile that with being good. Stupid, I know.

dirtygertiefromnumber30 Tue 30-Dec-08 21:11:36

yeah, i like juno's (I live round the corner so it's nice to have somewhere new to go that's not an old mans pub!)I know what you mean about the 'chain' thing, although i think the atmosphere is quite nice. dont like the look of that Varsity place though in the old video store.

cant believe cibo's closed - that didnt last long did it?

sallystrawberry Tue 30-Dec-08 21:17:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

missblythe Tue 30-Dec-08 21:18:50

Happy Christmas from Pontcanna!

MaryMotherOfCheeses Tue 30-Dec-08 21:23:56

Well I count 10 here. We could start a cancer charity wink

Nice to see you all smile

differentID Tue 30-Dec-08 21:26:50

<sneaks in unnoticed>

dirtygertiefromnumber30 Tue 30-Dec-08 21:35:21

YOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! DIFFERENTID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OVER HEEEERRRREEEEE!!!!!!!! <gertie gestates wildly to differentid>

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: