Advanced search

Oct/Nov 08 chat

(1001 Posts)
mellow2 Thu 23-Oct-08 17:20:18

smile

sfxmum Thu 23-Oct-08 17:39:14

adding

sillybigsausage Thu 23-Oct-08 18:24:04

Oh I wrote a really long post yesterday being all nice and answering all your posts then internet at home went down when I tried to send it

Can't be arsed remembering what I said (It wasn't that interesting LOL!!)

Have read your posts but too tired to talk

Just to say someone has cloned my bank card hmm and spent about £600 angry

TBH I am slightly surprised there was £600 in my account the week before payday LOL!!!

stepfordwife Thu 23-Oct-08 18:24:28

oohh, oohh, shiny new thread
look how she shimmers
look how she sparkles

better go and take dd away from dh who is trying to have a conference call
think i owe it to him after yet another conference call this morning (is there a banking crisis or something?) which i interrupted (didn't realise he was on phone) with

'keeeeth...what are you doing with your shoes on upstairs?" met by howls of collective laughter down the phone. oops grin
his professional reputation felled in one fishwife moment..

sillybigsausage Thu 23-Oct-08 18:24:49

oooh can't wait to meet the newborns when they pop out!

sillybigsausage Thu 23-Oct-08 18:26:11

PMSL Steppy - oh the poor man is so hen pecked!! grin

Shall we do an Irish cuppa soon : Bunyan, Oxo, Steppy et moi???

stepfordwife Thu 23-Oct-08 18:28:19

ooohh sausage, spooooooky x-posts

that;s so annoying. that happened to me last year. i kept avoiding calls from banks to alert me blush
they did sort it out and pay me back very quickly, tho. (have a vague recollection of having to report it to police to get a crime number thingy)

your our cleaner came for the first time today, i could have kissed her feet. kept telling her it wasn't usually as dusty/messy/cluttered - it's the building work, you know..
hopefully she'll come back next week....grin

stepfordwife Thu 23-Oct-08 18:31:08

hee! hee!
the thing is, sausage, people think he's scary at work in a straight-talking/doesn't suffer fools gladly sort of way...

little do they know he's henpecked a pussycat at home grin

oh, yes, an irish cuppa would be grand

slng Thu 23-Oct-08 19:51:24

Hello!

I've been super domestic goddess today (when I'm at home, that is) so am now putting my feet up. (Though there's a pile of washing up and wet laundry to hang up, so maybe not that super ...)

Mellow - dimsum envy. Where did you go?

sfx - microwave best thing for heating up leftover rice. And softening butter. And making fried garlic. And heating up leftover roti. Not a bad invention! Dishwasher - I think it's one of those things you don't know you need until you have it, like Mellow said. DH says we don't need a dishwasher because he is it. So he says. There is a dispute about how much washing up we each do.

bunyanvillas Thu 23-Oct-08 20:07:03

Goodness me, Sausage, presumably you'll get that money back? Gawd I could so do with a £600 shopping spree! Yes, let's do an Irish coffee soon, can do it at mine if you like. Are people around next week (half term ...) - or the week after?

Sing, you and me both on the domestic goddess front! I had a (rare) "moment" today and have cooked, cooked, cooked for the freezer, washed, ironed, changed beds plus done a Tesco run. Most of which was achieved over 1.5 hours at lunchtime. So am now relaxing, painting toenails etc. Am wondering about a small glass of champagne, what what eh?

So, how are all the pregnant people doing? Hope all's well, not long to go! Soon my little pumpkin is going to look like a huge chubster beside all the dainty newborns!

SFX, how are you getting on the with ipod? Hope you have some respectable music choices on there. Sausage, are you still throwing shapes to Heaven 17? Love it smile

Anyone fancy a Kew meet-up over half term?

bunyanvillas Thu 23-Oct-08 20:07:52

whoops, plus did a Tesco run blush !!

mellow2 Thu 23-Oct-08 20:07:55

Sausage - how annoying. angry for you. How do they clone cards?

Steppie - New kitchen must be lovely. envy

I've just found out that I've been charged an annual fee for my business credit card, something the branch forgot to tell me when they signed me up for it. angry

I hate it when I have to go down to the branch to complain about something on a day dd is in pre-school when I can be shopping at Bentalls. grin

Slng - I went to China Boulevard in Wandsworth, apparently very popular for Chinese weddings and functions.

SJ99 Thu 23-Oct-08 20:17:49

Glad you had a nice lunch Mellow. Pity about the charge, will you get it back?

I agree about dishwasher, it's like having a car, once you've had one then you don't want to be without one grin

I don't cook with microwave but do love it for heating food

SBS - angry for you re:card

Steppie - LOL re:conference call grin

Ros - I want teh brain tarining so if you're selling let me know and I'll get my bro to get me summat else. Prefer puzzles too but am tempted by the retro arcade games!

Bunyan - enjoy your relax time

sfxmum Thu 23-Oct-08 20:23:59

SJ dd knows what ghosts and pacman are

SBS that is awful, hope no hassle getting it back

steppie that is very funny

mellow did they take away the charge? always find it amusing when banks send offers of upgrade which invariably involve charging higher fees

bunyan excellent music of course will not bore you with the details but no Heaven17.
made a really good running playlist this morning

slng no domestic goddess here nor will it ever be I have to make myself do stuff

sfxmum Thu 23-Oct-08 20:25:50

btw up for meet up over half term of course always nice to see people but dd still does usual pre school days next week

SJ99 Thu 23-Oct-08 20:49:11

It is half term next week for DS too but he has the option of attending 'fun sessions' so I'm sending him to those anyway, not like we're going anywhere so he might as well keep going seeing as all playgroups will either be packed or closed!

rosmerta Thu 23-Oct-08 21:06:03

Sj, sorry but brain training already gone. If I'd known I would've hung onto it for you. The retro arcade one does look good though!

Sausage, that happened to dh earlier this year, bank refunded his money straight away so shouldn't be a problem.

Mellow, good luck with the bank.

Bunyan/slng, well done on the domestic front!

I'll be around for a meet up next week though ds will be in nursery his usual days.

mellow2 Thu 23-Oct-08 21:43:28

I doubt the bank will refund annual fee. They're quite hard nosed when it's a biz bank acct. But I'll definitely be cancelling the card.

Steppie - lol about concall too. grin Poor dh.

Dd's pre-school breaks for Christmas on 12 Dec, which apparently is a week early than schools. Then they wanted to charge for Christmas arts and craft sessions for the additional week. hmm

Kewcumber Fri 24-Oct-08 00:22:33

quite hello toanchor thread.

No thoughts about Japanese theme but will apply my mind to it when I find it.

Feelno urge to wash anything by hand - not clothes not dishes.

Microwave great for heating stuff up in ordinary bowls rather than saucepans which then takeup less roomindishwasher smile and softening ice cream, and defrosting stuff I've forgoten to take out of freezer and warming up precooked deli meatballs when I get home late and can't be arsed to cook. Much more eco freindly too. Bowl of soup 2 mins in microwave 5 mins of gas on hob.

Right-oh back to work.

SushiMummy Fri 24-Oct-08 09:10:48

Hello everyone!smile

sillybigsausage Fri 24-Oct-08 09:50:44

Bunyan

Yes would love to come to yours for Irish cuppa!

Despite it being half term next week I am only around Monday as DH is off on Wed/Thurs/Fri and am in Wiltshire on Tues.

On Mon we have swim lessons up until about 1pm but we are free in arvo - how about you Bunyan/Steppy/Oxo?

SJ99 Fri 24-Oct-08 11:29:14

Morning all

Ros - don't worry about game, I'll ask my bro to get it instead

Sfx - can't believe miniSfx knows about pacman, such a retro kid grin

Anyone doing anything for Halloween? <nosey emoticon>

sfxmum Fri 24-Oct-08 15:05:36

hello all

I now that for Halloween {hgrin] dd is super ken on dressing up as a fairy princess yet again, I know that children in costume can take part in a parade at Kew Gardens

SJ she know about it because dh has a t-shirt with it on she asked what it was and he downloaded a game

hope everyone is well, quiet day today here enforcing some rules <stern emoticon>
then walk to park via several puddles of varying depths

sfxmum Fri 24-Oct-08 15:06:04

grin that is hmm

sillybigsausage Fri 24-Oct-08 15:46:17

Hi

Just to let you know we have internet probs at home so if I'm not on in the next few days its 'cos I have no broadband and I am not in office until next Weds sad

This thread is not accepting new messages.