Talk

Advanced search

recommendation for nanny or nanny agency in Bristol

(14 Posts)
needahand Mon 29-Sep-08 15:45:58

I have just moved to Bristol and had chilcare sorted for my 16 weeks old but it didn't go to plan. I am now considering hiring a nanny and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good nanny or nanny agency or give me clues as to where to look. Thanks

JuneBugJen Mon 29-Sep-08 15:48:27

where are you in bris?

LittleMyDancingForJoy Mon 29-Sep-08 15:51:34

Hi needahand, there's an agency in Westbury called Alphabet, I haven't used them myself so can't say whether they're any good or not.

Where do you live? We might be looking for a nannyshare if you were interested.

needahand Mon 29-Sep-08 15:53:52

Hi June and DancingforJoy I am in St Andrews.

LittleMyDancingForJoy Mon 29-Sep-08 15:58:05

oooo, lovely!

Try Alphabet, definitely. there's a couple of nannies I've seen on here that are Bristol based, as well, keep bumping your thread and I'm sure they'll be along. Even if they're not available they might be able to recommend someone.

JuneBugJen Mon 29-Sep-08 16:14:25

Heard alphabet are good. Other thing to do is go to Cairns Rd toddler group (and cafe on some days) and they often have notices on the board for nannies. Then you dont have to pay a finding fee. That is how we found mine!

Its a good place anyway to go to if you are new to the area.

Lots of other groups have notice boards too, that happens to be where I go often. Also get the 'titchhikers guide to bristol.' - it has EVERYTHING in it about kids and bristol!

Hope that helps

needahand Mon 29-Sep-08 16:23:58

Thanks Junebug. I have been meaning to go to Cairns cafe but haven't had a chance to do so yet (I have only been here 3 weeks). Thanks for the suggestions. I will have a look.

JuneBugJen Mon 29-Sep-08 16:27:21

Would though be careful not to feel too lost if you go on a 'cafe' day, rather than a toddler group day.

I moved here 2 years ago and felt unbelievably lonely going there on a cafe day as everyone seemed to know each other in little groups and I felt so out of it (i'm a really gregarious person!) I found the non-cafe days much more friendly.

Having said that, I went this morning with about 10 friends and had a great time. It just shows you will meet people so you wont feel like a fish out of water for long!

JuneBugJen Mon 29-Sep-08 16:33:20

Also, have number for a girl called Lucy from my dd's old nursery who seems lovely and who we nearly used but then already had our nanny. could give you that...not sure if she is still available.

needahand Mon 29-Sep-08 16:58:56

Thanks for that Junebug, it is very helpful. I wouldn't mind getting Lucy's number if she wouldn't mind.

JuneBugJen Mon 29-Sep-08 18:21:44

No prob. Not too sure how to do it though as dont want to put her number straight on here. Is there some way of a privacy function?

I will be checking MN tomorrow afternoon.

navyeyelasH Tue 30-Sep-08 21:59:20

Hiya I'm a nanny and might be able to help you out depending on when you need help; I'm mainly available evenings & weekends see www.hayleyevans.co.uk for more info if you like!

I know a great great agency in Bristol called nannies and childcare in Bishopston; the lady that runs it is Fab and I know she ets all the nannies rather stringently unlike most other agencies!

Otherwise you could try an advert on gumtree? I also know a great Childminder in Bishopston if that is any good to you - she has a full time space for three days a week, I think Tue, Wed, Thurs.

Good luck with it xx

needahand Wed 01-Oct-08 15:42:51

Hi Hayley

Thanks for that, I actually looked at your site the other day and thought you sounded lovely and it was a shame you weren't available full time. I am looking for someone full time at the moment although that may change. Are you available any days of the week at all say one day?

I have contacted nanies and chilcare yesterday and the lady who runs it is very lovely indeed.

Candz81 Thu 16-Oct-08 15:32:55

Hiya Im mum to 2 year old girl, looking for work as a nanny, have previously worked as a nanny have expeirence with newbron triplets, children with special needs right up to school age children.
I am available part/full time, and evry flexible please contact me at mcfeeby@hotmail.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now