Advanced search

Can anyone recommend any good primary schools in the Petersfield area?

(4 Posts)
Sara333 Thu 18-Sep-08 16:58:59

Have posted on the whole of Mumsnet but then realized that there´s a local mn too .. does anyone live in Petersfield? We are considering a relocation to the Petersfield area at Christmas and have two children at primary school (aged 4/5 and 6/7) so does anyone have any recommendations for schools? Preferably state schools as we don´t think we can afford to go private at this stage. Also anyone advise the best (most family-friendly) areas to live around Petersfield? We will probably rent initially. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TigerGem Thu 18-Sep-08 22:03:47

Hi, I live about 15 miles from Petersfield but grew up there so know the place pretty well grin

The infant/junior schools are pretty good from what I hear. Petersfield Infants, Herne Farm, Sheet (use to be very good when I went there!) + other village schools (steep, froxfield, langrish etc) nearby all good - check the OFSTED reports. I think you can get all the latest reports off the web. Not so sure about senior schools if you're starting to think that far ahead. TPS is the only state school in Petersfield and I'm not sure what it's like these days. I think if you live just outside Petersfield you can get into the catchment areas for other secondaries (Clanfield, Alresford, Alton etc).

If you're looking for family friendly areas in Petersfield there are loads! Herne Farm has always been full of families. Sheet is good - Tilmore Road and surroundings. There's the newer houses opposite Churchers College on Ramshill (can't remember the name of the estate!) - don't know what they're like. Or the Bedford Road area near TPS has loads of families.

Sara333 Sat 20-Sep-08 13:39:09

Tigergem, thank you for your help. Am going in October for a visit so will check out schools and the areas you have mentioned.

K8J Wed 22-Oct-08 17:47:17

I also grew up in Petersfield and went to Sheet school and echo Tiger Gem's comments - a lovely little school. If you want somewhere bigger, Herne Farm is the local state Primary school and menat to be good too.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now