Talk

Advanced search

Anyone In Bristol Fancy A Meet Up???

(154 Posts)
charlotte121 Thu 18-Sep-08 11:49:01

I missed out on the last one, didnt see the thread just wondered if anyone fancied going for a cup of coffee somewhere or finding somewhere nice to take the kids.... I dont know if jump would be suitable, ds loves it there and I think they have a special room for children with sn which riven's dd might like. Its got lots of stimulating/sensory things etc and im sure the other kids would love the soft play. here is the link so you can see the prices, opening time, map etc. If anyones interested it would be great to catch up. Havnt seen any of you since I had dd, shes 3 months old now but i still look pg grin

LittleMyDancing Thu 18-Sep-08 12:09:37

I'd love to do a meet up, am a bit stuck for time at the moment but could my days off at the mo are Tuesday and Friday.

Next Tuesday is our OSCAR scan so that's out, but could do next Friday morning (26th), or the week after?

charlotte121 Thu 18-Sep-08 16:30:06

Umm the week after that would be better for me. Would just be good to get out for a bit.... i get tired of being stuck in with the kids all the time.

OsmosisBanana Thu 18-Sep-08 16:39:56

I would but am starting uni on Monday and won't know timetable till Friday but keep me posted please! I always seem to miss these threads too!

charlotte121 Thu 18-Sep-08 22:11:06

Lol.... that reminds me OB Im bk at uni too soon so I wont be able to do a friday. Cant wait to have a year of study where I can concentrate and enjoy because I wont be pregnant. The last two years of study have been acompneyed by bumps grin

PussinJimmyChoos Thu 18-Sep-08 22:16:07

Oooh!!! I'm in! A Thursday afternoon is best for me as we have music with mummy on Thur ams....or I can do Fri am or pm...

Char - have a whole bag of shoes if you want them for your DS? Some of them have hardly been worn as DS was growing so fast so they won't have been moulded to DS's feet iyswim? They are all Clarks. Understand if you don't want them though

scrambled Fri 19-Sep-08 14:13:39

Can I come? Haven't met any of you before as I live down in the depths of North Somerset but it'd be nice to get out the house and we haven't been to Jump for ages!

OsmosisBanana Fri 19-Sep-08 14:33:58

I don't even know where Jump is blush

LittleMyDancing Fri 19-Sep-08 17:44:24

Jump's up at Cribbs Causeway Osmosis.

Sorry haven't emailed you about your friend yet, will do it in a tick, got to put fish fingers on. (only fresh organic food in this house, you understand wink)

rivenhasaparrotonhershoulder Fri 19-Sep-08 18:25:09

dd is at school in the mornings now.
Wjats Jump like for children as disabled as dd?

mumatsea Fri 19-Sep-08 19:30:23

Hi. Would love to meet up too, if that's ok. Haven't met you guys yet but up for Jump! Only problem is am away for next 2 weeks so might have to be at next one, depending on the date.

charlotte121 Fri 19-Sep-08 20:10:11

hi riven, they have a sensory room if thats any goood for your dd. lots of lights etc.

OsmosisBanana Fri 19-Sep-08 21:01:26

don 't fret LittleMy. She too bust ATM anyway!

saggyhairyarse Fri 19-Sep-08 22:20:34

Rivens, what is your DDs disability and how old is she?

There is a big area by the cafe, with lots of toys. It is the garden area of a castle zone intended for youger children, it has a ball pool, tunnel, play houses, bead play tables, big lego, ride on toys and other smaller toys as well as a two storey play frame with and small bouncey castle.

sarah293 Sat 20-Sep-08 10:06:02

Message withdrawn

OsmosisBanana Sun 21-Sep-08 21:25:32

we could always sneak some lemon drizzle cake in Riven

starting uni tomorrow. Dh and best friends Bday today so not thrilled about the level of hangover I'm going to start the 'new life' with........

Ah well. grin

Thankfully, uni is in Bath so won't be able to indulge in midday / breakfast beers which is what stitched me up in my first degree...

RhinestoneCowgirl Sun 21-Sep-08 21:31:59

Can I join in? - I started another thread a week or so ago and then shamefully neglected it...

charlotte121 Mon 22-Sep-08 16:41:59

Of course.... the more the merrier. Osmosis, im bk to uni next week. found out today that I have passed last year so im totally extatic!!!

LittleMyDancing Mon 22-Sep-08 16:54:22

congratulations, charlotte!

OsmosisBanana Mon 22-Sep-08 17:14:08

nice one! Which uni you at?

charlotte121 Mon 22-Sep-08 18:29:46

Thanks littlemy! Officially Im at Bournmouth Uni, but my course runs in bridgewater because its a land based study so you need a fair bit of space. Cant wait to return. What are you studying osmosis? Bath is lovely! Im sure you will have an ace time

OsmosisBanana Mon 22-Sep-08 18:51:03

BSc in Nutrition. Today was hellish. 'getting to know you' shite.

charlotte121 Mon 22-Sep-08 23:07:43

oooh nutrition. that sounds interesting. Im sure entails quite a few different topics so it will keep you interested
They always do that at the beginning of a course dont they, kinda always makes me feel umcomforatble. At least I wont have that this year. grin cant wait to get bk and do some work, although Im a little nervous aabout how Im going to get any work done with 2 children around.

OsmosisBanana Tue 23-Sep-08 19:59:42

1st semester is

Global Food Resources
Introduction to Human Nutrition
Human Biology

so all quite interesting.

Not looking forward to the exams right after NYE!!! Guess it'll be a quiet one.

sarah293 Fri 26-Sep-08 18:22:43

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now