Talk

Advanced search

October half term holiday clubs - any ideas?

(11 Posts)
shangrila Wed 20-Aug-08 13:43:19

I'm trying to be terribly well organised (for once!)

I know I'm going to have to work this October half term - no choice in the matter. Usually, if we are working and can't make alternative arrangements, DD is looked after by grandparents but this is a no-go this October. All out of the country or no leave left to take.

Does anyone know of a good holiday club which runs in Cardiff during the autumn? She's incredibly adaptable and loves these type of clubs. It's just there don't seem to be any around for the half term.

Any ideas from the collective wisdom of Cardiff Mumsnet will be willingly pounced upon!

PeaMcLean Wed 20-Aug-08 22:26:55

How old?

DS, hopefully, will spend a couple of days or more at Spice Playscheme at Llanishen school. he's 7 and has had a great time there this summer. They do 5 - 14.

shangrila Thu 21-Aug-08 09:09:45

She'll be 7 in November - just going in to year 2.

This sounds like the answer. Can't thank you enough.

Off to google...

jammi Thu 21-Aug-08 22:33:37

Message withdrawn

jammi Thu 21-Aug-08 22:35:29

Message withdrawn

shangrila Thu 04-Sep-08 14:28:17

Thanks Jammi. I'm going to check that out too. DD is very sporty, so that one could be a goer.

milge Thu 04-Sep-08 14:29:35

I am sure there is one in Howells, plus the Vale Hotel, and also Cathedral School.

shangrila Thu 04-Sep-08 14:41:02

Thanks Milge. DL tell me they will only accept toddlers up to two at half term hmm, so I will try Howells and the Cathedral School. Vale's a bit far away. Still awaiting info on Spice.

Thanks for everyone's help. It's great to have options!

PeaMcLean Thu 04-Sep-08 21:41:31

The main problem I found with Spice was getting information out of them. All a bit shoddy, to be honest. I think it was probably not much more than a couple of weeks in advance when we could book, which isn't comforting.

shangrila Wed 05-Nov-08 14:14:13

Just a follow up from me to say a massive thank you to everyone who came up with such good ideas for half term.

DD eventually went to the 3 day camp at Howells, which she enjoyed and which I've no hesitation in recommending. We'd likely do it again and will look into Spice as well, next time we're in a pickle.

xxkarlyboyxx Wed 28-Jan-09 16:47:38

Hi there

i used to actually work at spice in cardiff, and since leaving a few years ago it has gone down hill incredibly!

I actually run a well reputed club in roath cardiff named dragonflies!

website is

www.dragonflies.vpweb.co.uk

cheers

karl

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »