Talk

Advanced search

Anyone there, just moved to the area. Coffee anyone?

(18 Posts)
JamInMyWellies Tue 17-Jun-08 13:32:28

Hi,

I have just moved to the Witham Braintree area dont know a sole. Does anybody fancy meeting up for a coffee and a slice of cake.

JamInMyWellies Tue 17-Jun-08 20:03:57

bumping for the evening crowd

LisaPhillips Tue 24-Jun-08 20:55:54

Hi! I moved to Witham a few years ago without knowing anyone, but have made some friends here since having my son. Tell me a bit about yourself????

JamInMyWellies Wed 25-Jun-08 21:34:10

Hi there,

am very close to Witham in a little village called White Notley. We moved here from East London a couple of months ago after spending the last few yrs before that living overseas.

Since having our DS we wanted to move out of London and so here we are. I have a DS who has just turned one and am pregnant with No.2 due in Dec.

So dont really know anyone in the area and am just trying to find some like minded people to occasionally meet up with or go to local mums and tots with etc.

lucywoo Thu 26-Jun-08 22:25:38

hello jaminmywellies
i live in dunmow about 15 minutes away from you and if their is cake involved i can be there!
i am pregnant with my first baby - due in august and cake is a big feature in my life right now.
we have been living in this area for four years now on and off - like yourselves we are big travellers and find it hard to stay put we love the area though, so its great to come back to.
I am on mat leave now and happy to meet up with like minded folk!
For cake try the blue egg in great bardfield.

JamInMyWellies Fri 27-Jun-08 10:51:53

Sounds good lets try organise something. Although I will have my rampaging toddler in tow grin he can give you a taster of a well behaved little munchkin. We are normally free on Fridays so let me know when your next free Friday is and we can sort something out.

My email is juliewoolie10 at yahoo dot co dot uk

lucywoo Fri 27-Jun-08 20:07:16

Cool will email you!

jenniebee Sun 29-Jun-08 21:26:23

Hiya

I live in Braintree and if there is cake involved i would LOVE to tag along! I have an 8 month old girl who i love to pieces but would love to talk to grown ups! smile

JamInMyWellies Mon 30-Jun-08 09:20:53

Hi jennibee, email me we have arranged to meet up at Black Notley discovery centre next Wed July 9th

juliewoolie10 at yahoo dot co dot uk

JamInMyWellies Wed 09-Jul-08 09:07:33

Check your emails weather far too vile for walking. I vote for a change of venue to a cafe.

hello2u Mon 06-Oct-08 20:40:15

hello

i know i'm very late on this post but i moved in braintree 5months ago with my husband and my daughter.we too were living in east london. i gave birth to my son this summer. with a toddler and a 3months old baby i'm in need of chocolate cake.lol.

hope to hear from you soon.
angelique

JamInMyWellies Mon 06-Oct-08 20:44:56

Hi, email me juliewoolie 10 at yahoo.co.uk

I am going to the Silver End Childrens center tom morning 9.30-11.00 for stay and Play if you fancy it. I have a 16mth old DS and one on the way due Dec.

mousekin Mon 06-Oct-08 21:45:50

Hi girls.

I'm desperate to find some work. i used to be a nanny. I took time out to be a stay at home mum. it lasted 8 years and looks like my time is up.

i have a few ladies that i clean for . been with them for 8 years now.
Any one know any one who wants a baby sitter/ housekeeper/ nanny/ or cleaner?
i've got 20+ years of experience and just need some thing small, that i can fit in between school.

would be really grateful for some thoughts help. i really don't want to give up my mummy role. I always swore i wouldn't go back to work. its soooo unfair.

MumofMagnus Tue 14-Oct-08 00:38:09

Hello, hope you don't mind me joining your thread, I am a bit further away at Steeple Bumpstead so can't help at all on the work front mousekin, but I see Lucywoo mentioned what has become my spiritual home(!) the Blue at Great Bardfield. This has become my my fail-safe lunch venue as my 11 month old can make mess without me feeling (i) aggrieved at my culinary efforts being demolished (ii) that I have to clear up! They also are one of the few places with decent highchairs...
My email address is jessica dot burt at hotmail dot co dot uk. I tend to be there so much you are bound to bump into me eventually if anyone goes there - I am the slightly frazzled and disorganised blonde woman with far too much stuff packed into one enormous bag but with the gorgeous red headed little boy who smiles at everyone.

MumofMagnus Tue 14-Oct-08 00:39:29

Hello, hope you don't mind me joining your thread, I am a bit further away at Steeple Bumpstead so can't help at all on the work front mousekin, but I see Lucywoo mentioned what has become my spiritual home(!) the Blue Egg at Great Bardfield. This has become my my fail-safe lunch venue as my 11 month old can make mess without me feeling (i) aggrieved at my culinary efforts being demolished (ii) that I have to clear up! They also are one of the few places with decent highchairs...
My email address is jessica dot burt at hotmail dot co dot uk. I tend to be there so much you are bound to bump into me eventually if anyone goes there - I am the slightly frazzled and disorganised blonde woman with far too much stuff packed into one enormous bag but with the gorgeous red headed little boy who smiles at everyone.

JamInMyWellies Sun 02-Nov-08 20:30:26

Hi onky just seen this. Hi mumofmagnus. My email is further down the thread do give me a shout and next time we meet up for some cake I will let you know.

Lids31 Tue 02-Dec-08 19:41:58

hello, i've just joined on here - i live in Silver End and go to the Stay and Play sessions with my son Luca every Tuesday. i probably know some of you already! lol

pinkone Mon 08-Dec-08 20:45:55

Hi all, I have just seen this thread. I live in Dunmow and have a 14 mth old daughter. I know the Blue Egg and it's cake!! Would love to meet up next time.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »