Talk

Advanced search

Swimming pools near Sutton

(7 Posts)
cflops Fri 23-May-08 14:33:22

Hi there
As wyndley is stiiiilllll closed and my son hasn't been swimming for about two years now does anyone which are the best swimming pools locally? I know of Kingstanding and Walsall. I thought the waves and Kingstanding might upset him and I know Walsall has a warm pool for young children. Does anyone know which has the best (child friendly) changing rooms?
Thanks!

JODIEhavingababy Sat 24-May-08 13:26:57

Hi.

What about The swimming pool at the SnowDome in Tamworth, thats not too far from Sutton... And depending on how far you are away, there is a really good pool at Burntwood, with ace changing facilities. Both have separate 'baby pools' for children up to 5 (I think ir's 5, you'll have to check.

reban Thu 11-Sep-08 18:28:45

Hi .. kingstanding is lovely. Took mine there the first time we went swimming and we just went around into the baby pool when the waves are on or sat at the edge so it was just the end ripples that got us. Changing rooms are fine, especially if you only have one to take.

I really wouldnt recommend erdington. Water far too cold, there is just one pool and changing room is not great.

LazyLinePainterJane Thu 11-Sep-08 19:09:58

Not sure if they have changed it in the last year but the last time I went, Tamowrth was GRIM. Stay away from Stechford as well. We use Pingles in Nuneaton (bit of a trek), and Tudor Grange is nice. Also decent is Chelmsley wood pool.

WigWamBam Thu 11-Sep-08 19:15:28

Dd adores Kingstanding. The pool isn't too enormous, you can do lengths without going into deep water, and she enjoys the waves - they aren't continuous and they aren't overly rough.

I also wouldn't bother with Erdington. Typical Victorian baths - small, not hugely well equipped.

Wyndley is due to be open again by next Summer, so I'm told ... believe that if you want to!

IndigoMoon Thu 11-Sep-08 21:01:35

there is perry beeches swimming baths which is in great barr x

Sexy1 Sat 09-May-09 23:26:37

Hi

Just to let you know that the swimming pool at Wyndley is now open. I haven't been and would love to hear from anyone that goes.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »