mums and babies groups(8 Posts)
I'm looking into this too. Where about's in SE18 are you? We are in Plumstead.
I put this together when I had my little one, hope it's useful!
· Rhyme time (Charlton library, Charlton House, Charlton Road, London SE7 8RE, term time, 10 - 10.30, 11 - 11.30)
· Stories, rhymes and themed crafts (Slade Library, Erindale, Plumstead, London SE18 2QQ, term time, 10 - 10.30)
· Mini Maestros, www.egcc.co.uk/category/community During Term time, but excluding Bank holidays. Mondays 10.30-11.30am. 0-4 yrs. We teach many popular songs and rhymes, using a variety of instruments, actions and further stimulation using props such as a parachute. Songs are a great way to help improve speech and language, and partaking in a group enhances social skills and self confidence. A music group for parents and carers and their children up to 4 yrs. (Eltham Green Community Church, 540 Westhorne Avenue, Eltham, London, SE9 6DH, 10.30 - 11.30)
· Play and Stay at Eltham Baby Café A small and very friendly group, with lots of lovely toys for babies and children up to 5 yrs. Free play, arts and crafts, singing and story telling. Refreshments provided. £2 per week (Eltham Methodist Church, Westmount Road, term time, 1 - 3)
· Childminding (all welcome) story and singing session (Eltham centre, term time, 10 - 11)
· Bounce and sing a long session (Blackheath library, Old Dover Road, Blackheath, London SE3 7BT 2 - 2.30)
· Rhyme time (Eltham Centre, 10.30 - 11)
· Salsa Babies All babies must be minimum 6 weeks old. Baby carrier required. Dance away the baby weight with the help of your baby! Exercise, Keep fit, have fun and bond with your baby whilst dancing to Latin rhythms. Your baby stays right there with you, snuggled in a baby carrier, whilst you get some healthy exercise that has been devised to be safe and gentle for both you and your little one. Our classes are also a great way to socialize with other mums and an opportunity to introduce your child to music and movement through Dance.Come on to our classes and become a salsa mum or one of our salsa babies.A workout that is so much fun it doesn't feel like work! (Mycenae House, Mycenae Road, Blackheath, London, SE3, 1- 1.45
· Little voices www.littlevoices-music.com We run classes on Thursday mornings. Come along for a FREE TRIAL! Musical fun for 0-4 years old. Learn something new every week & come and make new friends!
We also run classes during school holidays and carry forward classes that you miss! Susana is musically trained and a mummy too - so a great combination for the perfect music education for your little one! (West Greenwich Community Centre, 141 Greenwich High Road, Greenwich, London, SE10 8JA, Thursday mornings)
· Rhyme time (Blackheath library, Old Dover Road, Blackheath, London SE3 7BT
2 - 2.30)
· Storytime (Charlton library, Charlton House, Charlton Road, London SE7 8RE, term time, 2.30 - 3)
· Storytime (Eltham Centre, term time, 2 - 3)
· Rhyme time (Eltham Centre, term time, 10.30 - 11.30)
· Play and Stay A lovely stay & play session suitable for babies to Pre-schoolers. Held in the church hall but without any hint of religion other than then appearance some weeks of the pink vicar! Tea, coffee, squash and biscuits available along with plenty of toys for the children and lots of parents to chat too. £1 per week (St Saviour Church Hall, Middle Park Avenue, Eltham, London, SE9 5JH, 1 - 3)
Thanks for that info, Mris - I've been wondering about activities in the Greenwich area too, as I'm stopping work in October and will be looking for activities with my 18-month old son.
Rhyme Time - I can't praise it enough! I go to both sessions at the Eltham Centre on a Wednesday morning with my daughter. I'm usually the only dad there, so, depending on who's leading the session, I can struggle with the register, but it's a highlight of my week.
It's a bit of a late addition, but I hit upon this thread when looking for things to do with my little one, born in August 2010, so maybe others will too... The above list was fantastic and really helpful - just one addition to make from my own experience now which is a singing group for stressed out Mums in Greenwich (well worth the travel from Plumstead in my opinion). It's called Sing It Out! (details on www.singitout.co.uk). We've had 3, 4, 6, 7 and 8 month old babies in the group who've all loved listening in and playing together, and we've done everything from Mozart to Elton John! Main difference is it's aimed at Mums rather than just the babies so there's some grown up talk/stimulation which makes a lovely change from the nursery rhymes and poo-chat in my opinion . It's become the highlight of my week
And as were on late editions to this thread - I'm one of the parents running a free afternoon stay and play for under fives. Its called the Big Red Bus club and were in a lovely little building in Charlton Park.
Join the discussion
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.Register now »
Already registered? Log in with:
Please login first.