Talk

Advanced search

Anyone in Heart of Birmingham interested in being a Breastfeeding Buddy?

(7 Posts)
TinkerbellesMum Thu 24-Apr-08 16:36:41

My course is just coming to an end and they're looking for people for the next course. It's a free course, one half day a week for ten weeks. At the end you can either be a volunteer or self employed and you can work as many hours as you want to - there are more new mum's than they have buddies for.

It starts in the middle of May and that will be the last one of this school year. The only requirement is that you believe in breastfeeding. They don't mind if you haven't had a baby or if you had to give formula as long as you are pro-breastfeeding.

mum2go Thu 07-Aug-08 12:30:20

due my 2nd in 2 weeks hoping to breast feed this time around

missmama Sun 10-Aug-08 09:20:43

I met these lovely ladies in the city centre last week.
They had a 'Breastfeeding Bus' and were hand ing out information and gifts to pg and breastfeeding women all day.

mum2go Sun 24-Aug-08 18:47:10

didnt know that was on didnt see it in the b,ham mail,when,s the next one cheers

missmama Sun 24-Aug-08 18:56:30

Dont know, they took me by surprise while I was shopping.
You can phone the hospital (Heartlands, sorry) they run a coffee morning type thing in the maternity building every month or fortnight.

TinkerBellesMum Sat 06-Sep-08 14:12:37

Best person to ring is Sandra - 0121 622 6603 - she's the head of HOB's Buddies and the trainer. If you want a buddy she is the one to refer yourself to. Professionals can refer you to, but they don't always.

Wish I had known about the bus, I knew it was happening at some point, but not when

mum2go Fri 05-Dec-08 11:36:12

great

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »