Talk

Advanced search

Swimming lessons for small babies

(8 Posts)
littlemissp Fri 16-Nov-07 22:29:42

Hello my daughter is 3 months and I'm v eager to get her in the pool--does anyone know of a pool that does lessons for them this young?

elkiedee Tue 20-Nov-07 17:11:52

I think the Haringey pools start at 4 or 5 months, when they've had their jabs. I'm taking my ds of 6 months to Mile End in Tower Hamlets as I couldn't find lessons that he could start before New Year and I was keen to begin before I go back to work (start of March).

elkiedee Sat 12-Jan-08 20:29:59

littlemissp, did you find any swimming lessons for your daughter? I don't know if you found Haringey lessons but the Clissold Leisure Centre near Clissold Park off Stoke Nweington Church Street has just reopened - we're going to lessons there for a few weeks. There's also a drop in thing called Splash at Tottenham Green on Wednesday mornings which isn't lessons but is singing and playing in the water aimed at babies and their carers - there was a dad and a grandmother (I'm guessing) when I was there last week.

Mercy Fri 25-Jan-08 11:10:36

I've just found about another place which does swimming lessons for babies and children if anyone is interested (am about to get the details for my dd)

Btw, babies must be 4 months old

twelveyeargap Sun 27-Jan-08 12:31:21

If you can get to Mill Hill village or Enfield, www.borntoswim.com do lovely lessons for babies of 12 weeks and up.

The courses are £55 for a 5 week course, but well worth it if it's in your price range. I'm now doing the level 2 course at Mill Hill on a Tuesday. They do lessons on a Sunday also and dads, grandparents etc are welcome to come.

NK6bde7f6dX11b9e8298a0 Thu 07-Aug-08 20:04:51

We have our son signed up for swimming lessons at Park Rd pool & even managed to book him on for the ones taking place on a Saturday!
14 half hour sessions from 6pm.
Teacher is Ms R Horton
They might still a couple of places left!

MinkyBorage Thu 11-Dec-08 16:41:57

tiny swimmers are brilliant

squeaver Thu 11-Dec-08 16:47:39

Agree with Minky. They're all lovely too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: