Talk

Advanced search

Haircuts

(5 Posts)
JessDay Fri 19-Oct-07 21:30:43

This is probably a dumb question, but does anyone have any bright ideas about getting a haircut for a 19month old? Dd can barely see out. The last time her dad cut her hair it looked great, but everyone thought she was a boy. Cafe Junior in Cathays used to have a hairdresser on a Monday, but they've stopped doing it, and I'm not sure I can face trying to hold her still in a regular chair in a hairdressers. Any bright ideas (Penarth or Cardiff).

J

PeachesMcLean Fri 19-Oct-07 21:41:46

Didn't The Learning Tree in Pontcanna open a children's salon? Vaguely remember something like this - dread to think how much it costs though.

I used to love chopping away at DS's hair. sit him in front of the telly and I'd have a good old snip at it. Very satisfying. grin

nappychangingmachine Sat 20-Oct-07 19:42:36

Learning Tree charge around £10, but haven't been there in a while so could be more now? Took DS for the first time when he was around 15 months. They can play with toys at a table so don't have to sit down. He didn't want to sit so this really worked for him. Older kids can sit and watch a dvd. I just take him to a regular hairdresser now. Gave him a little snack the first couple of times to distract him but now he's happy to have it cut. grin

DirtyGertiefromnumber30 Mon 22-Oct-07 12:46:46

oh yes, i used to take ds to salon junior in the learning tree. It is a £10 but was worth it for ds as he would scream the place down if i tok him into my hairdressers for a cut!
It's totally geared up for kids (obv!!) with lots to distract them in a nice intimate environment.

now ds had got over his phobia i just take him along with me when im having a cut and they give him a quick trim.

PeachesMcLean Mon 22-Oct-07 20:45:31

We normally pay £6 at the Crop Shop on Albany Road but DS is a bit older now.

DH made the mistake of taking DS to Harvey's in the arcade off Wellfield Road.

£12, a really dweeby cut and no lollipop.

hmm

learning Tree sounding perfectly reasonable now.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: