Glenthorne banding test

(4 Posts)
sud78 Sun 25-Oct-20 13:15:59

hi all, my DS is going to appear for the 11+ tests for Sutton next month including the Glenthorne banding test. I haven't been able to find any info on the Glenthorne test and the level of questions.. Does anyone know what type of questions come in the test and if they are multiple choice? A list of topics will be v helpful...

OP’s posts: |
JoJoSM2 Sun 25-Oct-20 13:30:13

Practising for the Glenthorne test won’t help you, will it?

It’s not an academically selective school. The school wants to ensure they have children of different ability so will take some whose score is very low as well as middle or high. So any score on the test can get in. There’s nothing you can do to help you get a place other than living next door to the school.

Madmandylou1 Sun 25-Oct-20 23:29:13

It’s multiple choice English and maths. Only way practising can help is if you live far away- the catchment for the top two bands is much bigger than all the others so working to get a v high score gives you a better chance if you live further away!
All the other bands have v small catchment

JoJoSM2 Mon 26-Oct-20 17:30:23

Well, I don’t think anyone knows for sure what band the baseline level of their child is. So all the practice could as well push them up from band 5 to band 4 or 3 rather than 1 or 2...

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in