Witness needed for City Chambers marriage

(16 Posts)
PurpleishDahlia Thu 15-Oct-20 07:56:04

Good morning smile
My partner and I are getting married on a Thursday morning in late November. We have recently moved to Edinburgh, all our friends and families are in England and overseas.

We have a photographer who has kindly agreed to provide 1 signature, and I was wondering if anyone would be up for attending - I'm told it will take 20 minutes.

I am a bit lost and not sure I can leave it for last minute to grab someone from the street, in the hope they have ID on them.

We'd be very happy to return the favour if anyone is planning to elope and need witnesses.

I know it's such a long shot, and a huge ask to do something like this for strangers, especially during a pandemic! But someone suggested I tried here, as you ever know smile

OP’s posts: |
MaddeningtheUnhelpful Thu 15-Oct-20 07:59:51

wish I lived near enough, but unfortunatley I'm right down the bottom of England. Didn't want to read and run. Good luck op, and huge congratulations!

LongPauseNoAnswer Thu 15-Oct-20 08:01:45

I'm bumping this up for you, I don't live in the UK so can't help.

Congratulations OP!!

SweetpeaOrMarigold Thu 15-Oct-20 08:04:39

bump!
Sorry I would if I lived nearby x

ImAncient Thu 15-Oct-20 08:07:16

I would if I could but bumping for you. Also I’d put this in chat as you may get more traffic. Good luck!

Cannotcope4223 Thu 15-Oct-20 08:08:55

I totally would but I’m in NI!! Have a wonderful day hun xx

Spudlet Thu 15-Oct-20 08:10:59

I’m too far away, but have you looked for any local Facebook pages in the area? Might get more locals there! And try Scotsnet here too!

Congratulations and I hope you find someone soon!

TheRealJeanLouise Thu 15-Oct-20 08:14:20

I’m too far away but would if I could! Congratulations and make sure you come back to tell us all about it flowers

Bumping for you.

LadyLoungeALot Thu 15-Oct-20 08:19:40

I'm too far away, but I hope you find someone!
Second the local FB group idea.

TitianaTitsling Thu 15-Oct-20 08:21:53

Definitely post on Scotnet- Edinburgh such a beautiful city to live in!

thosetalesofunexpected Thu 15-Oct-20 08:28:55

Hi Op l would be up,into the idea of being one of your witness,for doing this if I lived nearby Edinburgh,but Alas I live in south wales,good suggestions others have said here, Congratulations on your upcoming Nupitals ,wish you best of luck and happiness on the next adventure,chapter in your lives,

toobad Thu 15-Oct-20 08:36:28

Have messaged you, OP!

PurpleishDahlia Thu 15-Oct-20 09:01:44

I am so grateful for all responses and bumps!
It looks likes someone is up for it.
The kindness of all the replies has made my day smile

OP’s posts: |
Bananadobana Thu 15-Oct-20 20:17:30

I live in Edinburgh . Not sure of the legalities of being a stranger and a witness but if it is all above board I will do it on me

And congratulations

ThisIsntMeHonestGuv Wed 21-Oct-20 14:25:18

If you still need someone, I am willing

LizB62A Wed 21-Oct-20 17:15:05

I live in Edinburgh . Not sure of the legalities of being a stranger and a witness but if it is all above board I will do it on me

Unless it's different in Scotland, then it's completely legal.
My sister is a registrar in England and they've had couples bring in complete strangers off the street to be witnesses.
One time it was a couple of burly builders off the site across the road grin

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in