Moving to Sheffield from South East

(2 Posts)
BlueRose18 Thu 27-Aug-20 14:30:54

Hi I’m thinking about moving to Sheffield as I’d like to be closer to the Peak District and my dad. I have a toddler and another baby Due in Feb.

I’ve heard a lot of good things about Sheffield and I’ve seen a lot of comments about certain post code areas that are good such as S11, S7, S8 and a few others.. I would like to hear what post code areas are best avoided? Where antisocial behaviour and violent crimes are higher. I just want to be aware of the places I need to stay away from. Or if anyone knows any links to websites that can give me that kind of information? I have googled a lot but I would like updated opinions from people who live or have lived there.

I’m probably going to look at swapping my council house. I worry as some council estates can have bad rep (they do where I’m originally from). I know not all are as the one I’m currently in is actually a really nice area. So any info on that if known by anyone would be helpful too.

Also any ideas on schools? I know there are 2 universities there which I like if my kids decide to go to uni when older but What are primary and secondary schools like there? Are there many youth clubs for the kids to join? I have seen that they can join scouts there as it’s pretty nationwide so I’ve got that in mind but wondering if there are any others people may know about smile

Can’t think of what else I need to know so if there’s anything you think I should know about then please let me know 😊
Thanks x

OP’s posts: |
BlueRose18 Thu 27-Aug-20 16:24:50

I knew I’d forgotten another question. I also would like to get an idea of what it’s like to get work there? Is it hard to find work or is there usually a lot to find. Cleaning work or work with children. Jobs like that.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in