Talk

Advanced search

Chertsey, Surrey

(10 Posts)
Sid76 Thu 11-Jun-20 15:24:22

Hi

Please can I have some views on South Chertsey. We are looking to move around there and wanted to find out the good and the not so good of the area.
Thanks

OP’s posts: |
Lindy2 Thu 11-Jun-20 15:30:15

I'm fairly close to Chertsey.

It has some lovely areas and some a bit less nice - like most areas really.

It's good for motorway links ie M25, M3, M4 and trains into London.

Schools are good and there is plenty to do in surrounding areas such as theme parks, cinemas, countryside, sports facilities- depending on what takes your fancy.

I'd say it's a pretty good place to live.

Sid76 Thu 11-Jun-20 20:52:42

Thank you for your thoughts.
Was also interested about the M25 and the noise, as I found this loud. Heard they were thinking of resurfacing junction 11?

twinkletoedelephant Thu 11-Jun-20 20:56:11

They have been thinking about it for years..
About time it was actually done.

It's not to bad you get use to it very quickly more a background hum.

I really like the area the schools are good and there is lots to do

Sid76 Thu 11-Jun-20 21:03:19

Thank you for your thoughts.

We looked around Chertsey South and liked some of the roads but I am worried about the noise of the M25 and whether it would affect our sleep.

Sid76 Thu 11-Jun-20 21:05:21

twinkletoedelephant do you live South of Chertsey? If so can you hear the noise when you are indoors?

Lindy2 Fri 12-Jun-20 08:29:41

There is a hum from the M25. It soon becomes like white noise though. I actually don't notice it at all apart from maybe when it's raining and it gets louder for a while.

There is usually a steady flow of planes over too. Again it just becomes background noise.

If you want peace and tranquility then it might not suit you. I don't find the background sounds noticeable or a problem though. When I go on holiday the quietness always takes a while to adjust to!

Lindy2 Fri 12-Jun-20 08:31:15

I don't hear it at all indoors. I have double glazing and my children are far, far noisier than the M25!

Sid76 Fri 12-Jun-20 09:49:32

Thank you Lindy2, I forgot about the planes!!

twinkletoedelephant Thu 18-Jun-20 12:22:00

No can't hear any noise from inside

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in