Talk

Advanced search

Where are you all??

(33 Posts)
Bessie123 Tue 18-Sep-07 11:44:41

There don't seem to be many of us in Tower Hamlets; where are you? It would be good to know more mums (or expectant mums) in the area...

NotQuiteCockney Tue 18-Sep-07 21:33:34

I'm in E3, with two kids, one is nearly-6, the other is nearly-3. Where are you, and how many kids do you have?

(There's an NCT email group for TH that is pretty high-volume and friendly, by the way.)

Bessie123 Wed 19-Sep-07 09:13:53

I am in E1 and first one is due in Feb. I have contacted the NCT about ante natal classes, but haven't received any registration info yet. I don't have many friends in the area (almost all live in West or South London), so I may look into the TH NCT a bit more. Thanks smile.

NotQuiteCockney Wed 19-Sep-07 13:07:47

Um, you've contacted me, then. Feb due date = January classes. Hopefully you'll hear soon.

There is a tower hamlets mums to be thing, go to the blog link at the bottom of the email from me, and look at the Meeting Other Mums bit. Hope this helps.

NotQuiteCockney Wed 19-Sep-07 13:08:15

The mums2be group is pretty active I think. As is the general yahoo group.

Bessie123 Wed 19-Sep-07 13:10:28

notquitecockney, I will have a look. If you were the one I spoke to on the phone and have emailed with, you told me the course would be in Jan and to wait for the registration info - it just hasn't arrived yet. It would be great to find the mums2be group.

NotQuiteCockney Wed 19-Sep-07 16:20:38

Yup, that's me. The course hasn't been set up yet. Long story. You're not the only mum who's annoyed.

Please do look on the blog thing there's lots of useful info. There's a mums 2 be yahoo mailing list, and regular nights out.

NotQuiteCockney Wed 19-Sep-07 16:21:02

(If you've spoken to me on the phone, then you can see why my name is what it is ...)

Bessie123 Thu 20-Sep-07 11:04:03

notquitecockney - yes, your name did make me laugh.

I'm not annoyed at all about the ante natal class, but was a (very) little concerned that I hadn't received the registration info.

I found the blog and will def sign up to it. Thanks grin

NotQuiteCockney Thu 20-Sep-07 13:04:05

Nobody has the registration info, the classes haven't been set up. It is annoying, though.

e14mum Mon 24-Sep-07 19:19:55

Hello! I'm in Limehouse and due in March. I had an email about Feb classes- was that you NQC?
Bessie, we may be on mat leave around the same time! It's nice to meet people in the area, isn't it?

Bessie123 Tue 25-Sep-07 15:27:18

e14mum - I'm due 11 Feb, so will finish work around the middle of Jan. It would be really nice to know someone nearby - we should meet up nearer our due dates...

NotQuiteCockney Mon 01-Oct-07 17:28:18

It's all me. Soon it will not be me, though.

To meet local mums, there are some suggestions here. I think the yahoo group is busy, and I think they get together for drinks every couple of weeks, too.

Bessie123 Thu 04-Oct-07 10:48:23

NotQuiteCockney - I still haven't received my registration stuff for the nct ante-natal class. Is that the same as everyone else? Just want to make sure I haven't been forgotten blush

NotQuiteCockney Tue 09-Oct-07 06:54:35

You haven't been forgotten - the classes aren't set up. The job is being transferred to head office - I hope to be rid of it today.

Bessie123 Wed 24-Oct-07 16:34:14

Head office is not doing very well. I have 15 + 5 to go and I still haven't heard anything sad

NotQuiteCockney Wed 24-Oct-07 16:44:08

I think she's just getting the hang of it - it's all a bit of a mess.

Bessie123 Wed 24-Oct-07 16:46:37

I guess I will splash out the extra money and go to private classes elsewhere. Thanks for your help, though.

NotQuiteCockney Wed 24-Oct-07 16:47:10

You could also try Bridget Baker, whose details are on this page. She's lovely, NCT-trained.

That being said, if you have 15+5 to go, you should be fine, anyway - you'd want to be in a class when you have 4-8 weeks to go, which is quite a ways off. I'm worried Dec classes might not happen, but classes after that should be fine. There's a new antenatal teacher who's started offering weekend-only classes in TH through the NCT, and seems really lovely, so they should have plenty of room.

NotQuiteCockney Wed 24-Oct-07 16:47:39

Bridget Baker is probably cheaper than the NCT classes will be - I think London-weighted classes are meant to be £240/couple now. shock

Bessie123 Wed 24-Oct-07 16:52:27

Wow, £240 is quite a lot. Jan is pushing it a bit, I think; I'm due on 11 Feb, and would rather have something before Christmas.

I will email Bridget - thanks smile

NotQuiteCockney Wed 24-Oct-07 17:14:34

It is quite a lot. I was still charging £140, as we had a free venue, and the branch made loads of money per course on that. Our venue is now charging, but we'll have another free one in Dec. Which reminds me, you do know about the Birthing Centre or whatever it's called, in Docklands?

Bessie123 Wed 24-Oct-07 17:18:25

No, I don't. Does it offer classes?

NotQuiteCockney Wed 24-Oct-07 17:19:07

No. Well, NCT ones will be held there. It's just an interesting birthing option, if you're tempted by home birth but not sure.

Bessie123 Wed 24-Oct-07 17:22:34

Oh no, home birthing is not for me; I want lots of medical attention and pain relief wink

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »