Talk

Advanced search

Just about to go on mat leave - where to meet new Mums in Redhill/Reigate?

(12 Posts)
MrsFrin Mon 17-Sep-07 12:11:28

Hi, I'm going on mat leave at the end of this week and would really like to find a way of meeting up with new Mums in the local area before my life gets turned upside down sometime around the 18th of October. Can anyone recommend anything?
thanks a lot
x

LIZS Mon 17-Sep-07 15:54:39

NCT Bumps and Babes . There are a few Redhill mums with lo's on here - check out the West Sussex/Surrey Meet up thread.

barbamama Mon 17-Sep-07 19:38:57

where is nct bumps and babes held? I'm currently on mat leave with a 2 week old in reigate/redhill area if anyone is meeting up.

LIZS Mon 17-Sep-07 19:41:00

tbh I can't remember, think it was someone's home when ds was small, but I'm sure you could call the Reigate branch number and ask .

LIZS Tue 18-Sep-07 15:15:29

local meetup thread

LIZS Tue 18-Sep-07 15:17:22

Redhill/Reigate NCT info

ReigateMum Wed 19-Sep-07 23:05:09

A few thoughts (I have older kids, so am a bit out of touch..)

- Have you got a copy of the local 'Grapevine' magazine - it lists all the local baby groups etc . There is also an on-line version I think?
Try the library, or baby shops for a copy. (Olimia on Reigate high street might have leaflets/ clubs/ etc on display?)

- have you done NCT or any birth preparation classes? They might provide friends in the early days
OR
do the baby post-natal classes at East Surrey hospital

A lot of the local church halls have mums and toddler groups for after the birth - try Reigate St. Mary's or the church on Reigate High Street.

Hope this helps!

shinny28 Mon 04-Aug-08 20:32:34

hi - i am about to go on maternity leave next week and will be moving to the area (redhill)hopefully end of august - i dont know a soul and am terrified about being a new mum so any where i could meet people would be great for me!

MatBackFeck Tue 30-Sep-08 23:26:51

Hi Shinny try toddler group called Jolly Tots in the Coleman Redman, I think it is on every alternate thursday. I have recently gone back after mat leave but found people very friendly here when I could get there. Also the story time at Reigate Library on monday mornings.

MatBackFeck Tue 30-Sep-08 23:27:06

Coleman Redman Centre, sorry.

shinny28 Wed 22-Oct-08 18:38:49

thanks i will do! i have a beautiful 6 week old son and am now settled in redhill so will hopefully have a spare minute to check it out. x

MatBackFeck Mon 03-Nov-08 12:02:19

Congratulations Shinny! Once you are out and about you'll find loads to do - always lots of mums/dads and babes in starbucks, story time at the library etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now