Moving to Bury St Edmunds area, please help

(3 Posts)
Redballoon79 Sat 19-Oct-19 20:38:52

Hi everyone, we have our house on the market and we intend to move to Bury St Edmunds in the next few months. I’d love advice on the nice and not so nice areas and schools please.

My SIL lives there and we love the town centre, but she’s single. My lovely 70yo MIL will also be selling up and moving!! So areas for her would be good too smile

I have a 4year old dd and nearly 2yo ds. My main concern is schools for Dd who will likely be joining in the middle of her Reception year and we don’t want to settle for a less good school, if the best ones are full, so we would consider villages with good available schools, if we could get to the station within 15mins at 6.30am.

My dh will commute to fins park 2-3 x per week and I’ll be doing it once a week initially. We know it’s a super commute but we’re ok with that for now.

I’d be so grateful for any advice, this is a big final move for us but we adore the town and it’s not too far from where we both grew up (Cambs and north herts) so could still meet friends but also be closer to the coast.

Many thanks!! X

OP’s posts: |
teenmumandsowhat Sat 19-Oct-19 20:43:30

From what I’ve heard sextons manor primary and risby are two of the better primary schools.
Westgate is not recommended.

Redballoon79 Sat 19-Oct-19 20:50:21

Thanks so much for the reply teenmum, really great to get local knowledge.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in